Black Spirituality Religion : DIVINE INTERVENTION: REALITY OR A MYTH?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by SOULDEEP3, Sep 27, 2003.

1. SOULDEEP3

SOULDEEP3 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    DIVINE INTERVENTION is a specific occurence or set of occurences whereas the GODFORCES of the UNIVERSE apply themselves into keeping one physically out of harm`s way,or even avoiding death by the slightest measures. Also,CONSTANT SPIRITUAL DIRECTION & PROTECTION by that of one`s ANCESTORS.***

THIS is how I define DIVINE INTERVENTION,& throughout my 3 decades of physical life I've experienced it on several occasions. Do YOU see it to be truth or an illusion,& if the latter,why? If you DO see it as Truth,then feel free to share your experience(s) of Divine Intervention with our family.

A lie can always change into another lie into another lie,but the TRUTH NEVER CHANGES,IT JUST IS & ALWAYS WILL BE....the only thing WE can do is either CONCEAL IT or REVEAL IT,& USUALLY,IT IS WHEN ONE TRIES TO HIDE IT THE MOST THAT THE TRUTH DECIDES TO REVEAL ITSELF.

By Shalom*** of the***Conscious Collective***;)

2. SOULDEEP3

Ratings:
    +2
    THAT WAS POWERFUL,ifasehun; I'll definitely keep that in mind.

~ONE SOUL~

3. ifasehun

ifasehun Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    thanks. its the words of the elders that came before us. just sharing what has come into my possession.

my hope is that more of these conversations that we are having will occur within the context of our Ancestral traditions, as opposed to our own assumptions, theories - which are by nature of our birth and upbringing will just be echoes of european thought.

4. Dee_milwaukee

Dee_milwaukee Member MEMBER

Student, yurning to be done with school!
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unless I'm misinterpreting what you mean by "ANCESTORS" being our guardian angels,

Divine Intervention [to me] has little or nothing to do with our "ancestors".

If my mother, who is alive and well today, in front of a whole crowd of people, stopped a speeding car from crashing into my helpless body I would thank the LORD for his grace and mercy and using her to perform [HIS] miracle/intervention, not [hers] in literally saving my life.

Knowing my mother, she wouldn't even take the credit.

The "ANCESTORS" themeselves probably wonder why they're givien them so much credit as well.....

So basically, what I'm trying to say is, even if the intervention took place with my own eyes, let alone by some force I can not visually see, in both cases, the real "hero" behind my fate is GOD.

5. SOULDEEP3

Ratings:
    +2
    Dee_ , our ancestors are ONE with the CREATOR,being that they have returned to the ESSENCE generations ago....OVERSTAND?

6. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    Great Topic...

Peace

I have seen and experienced "supernatural" events...

So what exactly does it prove?

This is the illogical nature of you (not you soul deep) disbelieving individuals...

If I say, I have been to a land, its called China, it has a huge wall and it is amazing...

Why or why isn't it true?

The assumption by people at this forurm who try to discredit some of the belief systems here, is that because they have not experienced it, they can not believe it, making "in"credible he sources who say they have seen and have experienced it.....I didn't just wake up one morning and decided to become a Muslim!!!

That is the way it is...no matter how much "logic" and apologetical information, inductive and deductive reasoning, the reason why it is ultimately still a position of faith is because you have to believe...

Personally, I think some of the people at this forum just have a socially acceptable form of dementia...

Peace and Love!

7. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560

Yes, I believe in "Divine Intervention."

and WHEW! You sho nuff said a MOUTHFUL! :bullseye:

8. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    I remember being very young, before I was found in the faith, wondering of the Most High was intervening for me and my family. We escaped death plenty of times, where it seemed others weren't as fortunate. One of the most memorable times for me was Hurricane Katrina, because it certainly seemed like we weren't making it out alive. But I believe the men of my family were inspired by the Father to doing what seemed pretty crazy so that the women and children would be saved. None of us could swim in that deep water out of where we lived, so the men got to work, and built a raft from wood and boards they tore down. They were tall enough to stand in it, but us chu'ren and females weren't.

None were really Christian, but inspiration can still come.

So definitely, I believe in Divine Intervention of the Father, but not of ancestors, and how it saves lives, and One of the most well known Interventions for mankind, at that. The One in which the Son came as a sacrifice for our sins, and after having descended into the earth after His death, was resurrected back to life the 3rd day to Ascend to the Father's right hand. This is all of which I believe and am faithful to the Father and Son for.

9. Josh X Brown

Josh X Brown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +156
    As Salaam Alaikum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe in Divine Intervention and I agree with how you defined it.
    If you are one whom read scripture or History you see Divine Intervention also represented by Light.

What state of mind do you have to be in to recognize divine intervention?

10. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Divine intervention is a daily action. Each day is an act of divine interaction however you choose to define it.