Black Spirituality Religion : Divination: Astrology, Numerology, and the Science of Prediction

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Knowledge Seed, May 7, 2009.

1. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    I'd like to open up this thread to anyone who is well versed in these sciences, and would like to instruct others on how to use these things for their own daily benefit.

Also, if there are any Mathematicians in the house, maybe you'd like to voice your opinion on these things and how they correlate with math, especially since New York University Political Science professor, Bruce Bueno De Mesquita, is being hailed as the new Nostradamus for his computer model based on Game Theory and Rational Choice Theory.

2. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    Aaah,

I'm not versed, but what exactly about divination, etc you trying to discuss? I would like to here other's input also, as I don't understand the science behind divination.

Do you think if we understand the basic concept... when can create our own personal divination system. I know some use 5-6 different methods to get clear answers.

3. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    I'm speaking about the various forms of divination; Everything from using dominos, to cards, to cowrie shells. I also want to hear peoples thoughts on Astrology and Numerology. If there are any professionals here(which I know there are), maybe they can give us an introductory lesson on how to calculate and use the latter two aforementioned sciences.

4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Peace Fellas!

I'd like to get involved in this, if y'all don't mind.

With Astrology, you would have to take your time to understand the basics of it. Along with that, understand what a Birth/Star chart is, followed by how to "keep up" with it. What do I mean by "keep up?" I mean that everytime your placement(s) come back to the day and time of your birth, something significant happens in your life. In order to figure out what that something is, you'd have to "read between the lines" of the placement(s). Personally, i'd say that Astrology is the closest thing I have come across on my path to Self-Knowledge, and it is definitely the most effective. Ever since I started studying it, I can not go one day or minute without sensing something that can be Astrologically explained. Then again, that's just me.

Numerology - I seen two versions of my personal 'Numbers,' but it is nowhere near as clear and understandable as Astrology. This may be because I have not taken the time to learn the basics of Numerology, and even that is possible.

As far as Divination - I can not speak on that, seeing as how I do not have a knowledge base for it. However, i'd be more than willing to learn! I also say the same thing regarding the Science of Prediction...I know I would enjoy that!

KWABENA

5. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    You and Sis. Astrologer4u are really good at Astrology. Can you start with the basics of how it works and instruct us from there?

I'm sure Sis. Astrologer4u will chime in with some information a little later on today, as well.

6. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    For now, I will leave you with this, and come back with the rest later. Not only do I have to do it for the Fam here, but I have to do it for many other people who would like to learn.

These are the Elements of Astrology. Each of the twelve zodiac signs have an element, and elements tell a lot about a person's basic nature. You have fiery, out-going signs (Fire), emotional and intuitive signs (Water), practical and methodical people (Earth), then the friendly, intellectual signs (Air).

KWABENA

7. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Thanks for this! I'll be looking forward to a further breakdown.

8. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    You know-

I was thinking about this, and I will have to do it a little differently. I must further go on to say that I do better when question-answer is involved, rather than just "speaking/teaching."

Be that as it may, I will provide links explaining the basics in the form of what I presented above, then we'll go from there. Like Sistah A4U (although she can speak for herself), I cringe at people who have no questions about their charts, because I put myself in their shoes and I would have had an overwhelming amount of questions as they pertain to my Birth chart. When I get no response, it says either (a) they understand what it means, how it is applied or (b) they read it, it sounds/does not sound right, and never look into it again. I respect the latter from people until I consider the amount of time I put into putting a Birth Chart together, then I get a bit disappointed.

For example, let's say you have a Moon in 12DEG 22' Virgo. If I were that person and wanted to gain a true understanding, here is what I would have asked:

- What does it mean to have a Moon in something?
    - What does the Moon mean?
    - What does Virgo represent?
    - What is the meaning behind degrees?
    - What does the (') mean after 22? 22 what?
    - What is the twelve supposed to mean?
    - How much of an impact does this one placement have on my chart?
    - What else should I know about Moon in Virgo?

Any one of the above would be asked from someone truly wanting to know how this works.

Anyway, I will leave the links and we will take it from there.

By the way, should I change my mind and do my very own version of the basics, I will do it in the Astrology Forum, since it is the most appropriate forum for this topic. Numerology may work on Open Forum, but anything relative to Astrology I will keep there.

Here are the links:

http://www.zodiacal.com/basics/basics.htm
    http://www.aplaceinspace.net/Pages/Astrobasics.html

More to come...

KWABENA

9. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
  10. soulosophy

soulosophy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +123
    Greetings All,

Bro Kwabena :hi:

I wanted to ask, what is the difference between one's "Sun sign" (Star sign as we say over here) and one's "Moon sign"? In what ways do these two celestial bodies influence one's personality and/or life?

Love, Peace!