Destee's Thoughts Divided Poetry Categories?

just peeking in to say that i think we are confusing terms here ...

this is not an "adult content" site ...
with the intention of providing sexually explicit material/content

this is an "adult content" site ...
in that i do not market and/or solicit to children

easy to confuse ... :eek: ... really 2 separate issues

freedom of speech
and children's online privacy act

probably more but i'm no attorney!

i'll check back in after i find out more

UH OH!

I was not aware that there were minors in our presence...that forces me to rethink a lot of things because i'm aware that a good portion of my posts had some profane language and suggestive sexual content. I understand that minors are impressionable and I commend you on not trying to exclude anyone and set a positive example for them to follow, but I have just realized that I need to chill on posting for a while. Everything that I set forth to scribe comes straight off the dome when inspiration hits, and more importantly, it comes straight from the pages of my life. Sometimes I'm in a rage and the language gets a little questionable, but poetry is self-expression and I can't put limitations on it(not that anyone asked me to)...just making an obvious point. Currently i'm at a loss for words so i'll end it here...I'll check destee out at a later date!

but remember...I LOVE ME SOME Y'ALL!

PEACE,
DP2G

p.s. when a final decision is made, someone hit me up at fynedvd_19@hotmail.com

UNTIL THEN...

Destee,
Your committment to quality, fairness and inclusion is impressive. In light of the fact that children do read this site (quite a few I understand), the question of "Steamy" poetry is legitimate. However, I agree with GQ's position regarding poetry as a pure expression of art...all that art is, and all it is percieved to be. My two cents worth is using the other poetry forum which is not used as much as this one. The other forum is a wonderful outlet which I support. But I would give it up for the right of Poets to express their sensuality in a forum that gives notice as to the type of poetry that is posted. I am sure all will work out.

BE

Destee,

If it is an issue about "art" I don't feel it should be changed at all because as you say within art there are things that some may take offense to, yet, in and of itself it is still art. If this is an "age" issue then I feel that maybe there should be a site for "young poets" (hmmmm...that implicitly states that we are old, doesn't it?) Okay, younger poets...those that can't vote. There maybe should be a different catergory for them. However, I agree with GQ (if this is) an age issue then how is one to know how old a viewer is? This is definitely a sticky subject. But, this is a question that all forms of media has to answer, the bottom line is "check yo' kids" and if not then let them experience the fact that art is of various shapes, forms, sizes, and themes.

To be totally honest, and I'm basing this totally from the art slant, don't change a thing. Poetry is art and it need to be left as such "unadulterated or censored". Yet I don't think that is totally the concern.

Another thing to take note of is that you do not want to set any precedents here. Who's to say that if you add a "steamier" category or what have you, that someone won't come along and suggest that another category be added. And you know what happens when precedents are set. You open the floodgates up to a whole host of things.

Leave it be. I think I would be safe to say that for the most part (and I'm thinking numerical votes, and hey that may be an idea) everyone is content with the "content" and set-up.

just my thoughts,blak

Destee

I am seventeen. Eighteen in three months. As GQ stated poetry is art. Shall the words of Shakespeare, Langston Hughes, and others screen their work. It is open for all. Poetry is an art and every poem anyone makes is respected. I don't think it would be fair to split up the forum. I love reading poetry from people such as Street So'ja, GQ, RICH, Hunter, and many more. I chose to read their stuff. Plus the titles clearly state what they will be talking about I think. Once again I value poetry. Please don't separate the forum.

Much love and respect,

One_Love

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back