Destee's Thoughts Divided Poetry Categories?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello Everyone,

A request has been made to divide the poetry category into sub-categories. One being for the "steamier" peaces and one for all others.

Poetry is art, and as such, nudity is often used. I'm thinking I could have the "steamier" category accessible only to those that choose admission/participation in it.

I personally don't want what would be considered "adult content" on the site, but many peaces are already here that some would classify as such. Considering the fact that registration is open to all those 13 and over, children are in our midst and we must act accordingly.

Having said all of this, there is only one person in our community that has ever been warned regarding the explicit poetry they've put here, so please don't think I'm speaking to "you," because I'm not.

This is simply a request, seeking the input of those who make this community what it is. Please share your thoughts with me.

Thanks,

Destee

Mama D,

My opinion would be no more categories. As the curator of our house, you ultimately have the last say in how you want us to conduct ourselves. I don't think we should bog the house down with subcategory after subcategory...Perhaps the registration age for this existing forum should be raised to 21 vice 13. If you desire to cater to young adults, why not develop a forum just for them???

Poetry, as you so eloquently stated, is art...it can be displayed in vivid and often times graphic detail.

The majority of our family of poets are housed in this forum and shouldn't have to jump around across the forum to read certain pieces.

Bottomline - I would say revisit the registration age and leave the original forum alone - have poets warn of the adult content in their posts and those who don't want to read "steam" have the personal option not to.

How do you police honest registration anyway?

Not adamant about this position - just giving my two cents...

Whatever the concensus of the fam, I can conform!!!

GQ

Thank you Legendof_1_Spirit and Afridancr.

Afridancr I'm thinking members wanting access to that category will have to email me requesting such, stating in the email that they are an adult. I will then give their username access to read/write to that category. Similiar to the way the Moderator category works now.

As I think on this, I'm wondering who/how will it be determined if a peace crosses the line and should not be in the "general" poetry area. Will we leave it up to the responsibility of each member to police themselves regarding this? I think we can as most here are responsible adults and know what would be appropriate for a child to read.

Food for Thought.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back