Black Relationships : Distance....Commitment

SensualReality

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 26, 2004
Tennessee
Occupation
high school student
Hey everybody I'ma let yaw get in my bizznazz a minute:lol:

Aaight,I date this guy and no he's not overage or underage.We're two years apart and he is a junior,but starting the new school year he will be 18 and a senior......so that means college.His mother doesn't want him to go to a college in the state,so that means he will be far away from poor ole me.As it is we don't live just around the corner from eachother and it's been a lil' hard on me and I've told him because I don't believe in playing with folks feelings or anything.I'm only 16!He wants to be serious and "settle down"....I'm not sure I'm ready for that commitment yet and I just don't know what to do,I could bring it up to him and everything would be alright again but my doubts would come back.......if you have anything that would help me please respond.
love ya sistah Sensual :wave:

Greetings SensualReality :wave:

Lately, I've been reading your threads throughout the forum and it seems to me that you're a very confident and independent young woman which is why I'm a little surprised at this question from you. I'm sure you know what to do in this instance but if you need some reassurance that what you already know is the right thing to do, then here goes. Be honest with your boyfriend and let him know how you feel. If I was in your shoes, I would think the sooner you have this discussion, the better. Also, if you really don't think you're ready for a serious committed relationship right now, especially one that is long distance, then you're probably right to be nervous if that's what your boyfriend wants you to be. Think of it this way, there's plenty of time between now and the beginning of the next school year so you should have sufficient time to talk it through and reach a decision that you both are comfortable with. Good luck!

Queenie :spinstar:

hummmm!!! sistah surely within you have the answers and hold the key
be fair and up front with him if you feel in heart your not ready for this
let him know your deep inner feelings and also keep in mind to make that step
is big and real , schooling and think of your career ahead as well but look in
the mirror and seek the answers or have that talk with your parents // talk
with him but think about one thing their is much time for commitment
i wish you the best of luck on this discussion with him. Good Luck

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back