Black Spirituality Religion : Disrespect or flattery?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Metaverse, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424

http://www.youtube.com/user/263Kid

This is something many of us have been venting about lately.
    What do you believe? Disrespect or flattery?

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Great video and great topic!

Everything and anything that Blacks and other minorities do or eat or wear or observe, White people have consistently and historically scorned on one hand but, eventually, sought to partake of it and to over-take it.

Our food, our fashion, our music, our physical attributes....and, now, even Native American and African spirituality.

And the American Blacks and native Africans who help them exploit their own people are even more despicable.

My side of the coin is.....disrespect, all-around.

3. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    Disrespect.

devils have no flavor of their own. And all they know how to is lie and steal. So they do this. There is nothing in there history that is authentic and possitive. I'm happy that the Native Americans have vocalized their objections.

4. Precise Allah

Precise Allah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Peacemaker
    Ratings:
    +763
    Peace,

I don't see it as either for every situation.

Here's an idea. If you want white people to act right towards any specific ethnic expression, teach them right. People want to complain about the devil being all up in our stuff but ain't doing nothing to see that they UNDERSTAND the significance of what they want to be all up in. Do people not realize there will always be some coons who will trade their birthright away for a dollar? You gonna blame the devil for that? Nah, black people need to get it together also.

Peace
    Precise

5. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +33

*APPLAUSE*

I agree with this wholeheartedly....

6. SeekingMaat

SeekingMaat Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +275

7. Precise Allah

Precise Allah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Peacemaker
    Ratings:
    +763
    Peace,

I see your wisdom and I agree. Devils can't BE other than what they are. Lets look at this from a big picture, harmony, perspective though. If you had to make a choice between the two, who would you rather have around you, the devil who's been taught righteousness and has a desire to live a righteous life to the best of their ability or a devil that lives out his nature and tries to kill you in any way possible? I mean they dying out but they still gonna be around for a minute. I'll take the devil who's gonna make an attempt to be other than his weak and wicked self.

Peace
    Precise

8. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,096
    After listening to the clip:

The indigenous in this country, I believe, earned a right to reject the european trying to get all up in their stuff and their history with europeans, and the europeans (as a group) mistreatment of the environment, backs them up.

People of color all over the world have been trying to teach europeans since they crawed out from under the ice. Clarke states that half of human history was over before the european came on the scene. With all their political and military power, they are, chronologically speaking, newcomers to the human family.

Europeans have a legacy of 'cutting corners' with regard to understanding spiritual concepts and in doing so, just about everything they get their hands on, they destroy and or corrupt.

As long as the european see itself above nature and is not willing to live in harmony with nature, then they will never learn.

They will never understand.

9. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    The sciences don't belong to NO ONE. Darn possesive humans, lol. "Devil all up in our stuff"........ because it works, what the hell do we expect? White people want to evolve too, even if thats evolving into a black person.

10. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    Identity theft = Disrespect