Black Entertainment : Disneys first black princesss....yeah (smh)

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by I-khan, Mar 27, 2007.

1. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...r24,0,337911.story?coll=orl-opinion-headlines

just so yall know,their will be no upstanding,righteous,and original bruthas in this movie, as a matter of fact the ONLY one I am aware of is the villian, and the 'prince' is a european cat....derive what you will.

on the bigger picture I have heard TOO MANY people say 'it is about time' like this will solve alot of problems, it also shows me that these people do not know about the REAL black women that made a difference (Yaa Asantewaa,Queen Tiye,even Harriet Tubman,etc) and depend on these FICTIONAL people to 'set examples' for the young girls....some may say that they are 'only children' which implies that they are not ready to handle the historical data we would set forth.....so they chop the tree down before it has a chance to really grow...

on the other hand, I guess you can say that for those of us not to big on ourstory this may suffice....or will it only lead to more illusions of life?

2. Africana

Africana Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +9
    I feel ya. I've always said that there's every princess in the world on Disney BUT a black one. I used to think Jasmine was black when I was little but realized she was Indian.

No, this will not solve any problems because they're going to portray their own as heroes and us as villains as the same time, they might as well not even do the project.

3. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21