Black Entertainment : Disgusting Slogan!!

The latest song on the radio..."Have a baby by me, be a millionaire"

SMH, its sad, just as sad as Lil Wayne and that "I wish I could f every girl in the world" and singing that mess on the BET awards.

And kids hear this stuff and think its cool and even worse, parents allowing them to listen to it. :court:

In the Spriit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

which usually follows with Bonnie and Clyde

Okay now...watch out using the name Clyde:)

"Get Rich or Die Trying" - 50 Cent

My man (so smart) and I were discussing this and he brought it to my attention, which I was oblivious too...I've always heard it but I never gave it any thought to words and how effective they can play in a youth's mind...

How many of our black youth are living by this slogan? **Not really a direct question**

What other negative slogans that are being promoted have you heard?

There are so many slogans or expressions which our children incorporate into their psyches which are harmful to their life views and their behavior.

You could pick almost any rap/hip hop songs they listen to and hear where and how they "arrive" at their particular "logic."

Tupac has been dead for almost 14 years and his "Thug 4 Life" proclamation is still alive and strong in the minds of many of our children who were just babies when he was alive.

Being a "Hustla" and internalizing the "Imma git mine" philosophy teaches our children to "get over" by any means necessary.

And, then, you have all of the phrases which promote promiscuous sexuality and objectifying females and those which demote the very value of human life.

All you gotta do is turn on the radio or BET or youtube.

"Get Rich or Die Trying" - 50 Cent

My man (so smart) and I were discussing this and he brought it to my attention, which I was oblivious too...I've always heard it but I never gave it any thought to words and how effective they can play in a youth's mind...

How many of our black youth are living by this slogan? **Not really a direct question**

What other negative slogans that are being promoted have you heard?

peace

Five-0 is a "wangsta" and not even considered a rapper in nyc. He's an R&B diva who would do and say anything to get a check! After the flop of his latest album, hopefully our youth will not be hearing much more from him.

As for slogans:

"i'll be at the crib" -

"yo, whut up Dog?" - as men we call ourselves everything but Dog in reverse (God)...

"what's up pimpin'?" - indirectly disrespecting the Black Goddess

"that's my *****" - denotes ownership of a "*****", parroting what our former slave masters used to say when asked "whose dat de're ***** belong too?" and his master would say "oh, that's MY *****"....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back