Black People : Discrimination against blacks linked to dehumanization

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Not so fast brother, lol, slow down...In my mind, you haven't answered the crux of the question nor explained the strength of this thread topic; plus I'm in Chat, attending oldsoul's class.

Again, if what you say is true as highlighted above, then why do whites, subconsciously, see us as apes and not themselves?

Peace In,

It's possible that when a person is biased against another group they dehumanize them on some level. I interpreted your question above as stating that the scientific community doesn't consider white people apes and only considers black people apes, which just isn't true. I think that's the real disconnect here.Science doesn't represent any whole racial group (even if you're trying to assert a faction -- since the findings included more than just white people). It just doesn't work that way.

I'd be interested in seeing how the bias of scientific community members and scientifically literate people compare to a more generalized sample. It's definitely reasonable enough to assume that the bias is there, but I'd be really interested in seeing how reason, science, and meta-cognitiion change that (if at all). It'd also be pretty cool to see if there was work done on the reverse. A situation that primes non-white subjects with associated stereotypical imagery and then proceeds from there.

It's possible that when a person is biased against another group they dehumanize them on some level. I interpreted your question above as stating that the scientific community doesn't consider white people apes and only considers black people apes, which just isn't true. I think that's the real disconnect here.Science doesn't represent any whole racial group. It just doesn't work that way.

I'd be interested in seeing how the bias of scientific community members and scientifically literate people compare to a more generalized sample. It's definitely reasonable enough to assume that the bias is there, but I'd be really interested in seeing how reason, science, and meta-cognitiion change that. It'd also be pretty cool to see if there was work done on the reverse. A situation that primes non-white subjects with associated stereotypical imagery and then proceeds from there.

.......Thank you for admitting the misinterpretation, because I certainly wasn't saying that. In fact, already knowing what you submitted as scientific proof doesn't exclude them; all the more reason to questioned how whites remove themselves, subconsciously, from being apes and only see us as apes.

Peace In,

.......Thank you for admitting the misinterpretation, because I certainly wasn't saying that. In fact, already knowing what you submitted as scientific proof doesn't exclude them; all the more reason to questioned how whites remove themselves, subconsciously, from being apes and only see us as apes.

Peace In,

I didn't separate your two posts and I'll walk you through why i read it that way.

This is where we started:

...Also what's sad about this, would be that a white science faction pushes Neanderthals, while Creation is not taught in public schools; yet we have the PhD program addressing black folks subconsciously viewed by whites, as apes...smh, what's really going on? Wow!

In a following post it goes from a white faction to Science as a whole:

Science pushes Neanderthals and macro evolution

It jumped from a white faction (which I think is incorrect, but it's your idea so I used it as a starting point) to Science. So when I was trying to interpret your question, I did not separate your previous commentary.

I'm definitely glad you clarified what you were trying to say.

I think it's safe to say that if we're considering all white people the article already answers that: There's still a network of stereotypes that are associated with being Black in America. The absence of the most overt images has not completely solved the problem of racism either.

I didn't separate your two posts and I'll walk you through why i read it that way.

This is where we started:

In a following post it goes from a white faction to Science as a whole:

It jumped from a white faction (which I think is incorrect, but it's your idea so I used it as a starting point) to Science. So when I was trying to interpret your question, I did not separate your previous commentary.

I'm definitely glad you clarified what you were trying to say.

I think it's safe to say that if we're considering all white people the article already answers that: There's still a network of stereotypes that are associated with being Black in America. The absence of the most overt images has not completely solved the problem of racism either.

.......I see, but disagree it wasn't said clearly; normally, I ask questions when I don't fully understand what a person is saying, before I jump conclusions, try that next time.

Even all white scientist don't push Neanderthals or macro evolution.

Peace In,

.......I see, but disagree it wasn't said clearly; normally, I ask questions when I don't fully understand what a person is saying, before I jump conclusions, try that next time.

Even all white scientist don't push Neanderthals or macro evolution.

Peace In,

I'll gladly try to ask more questions. I'm curious about why you disagree that it wasn't clearly communicated. Can you explain the reasoning behind saying that a white faction pushes Neanderthals and then saying Science pushes Neanderthals and evolution?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back