Black Women : Dirty Thirty Anxiety

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
When you were about to turn 30 or turned 30 did you feel anxious?

I do...I'll be 30 pretty soon....I analyze myself looking for wrinkles and gray hair...But I still feel like I'm 24...And I hear younger folks saying "30 you're too old."...I mean I know there are a lot of things I've grown out of...like going to the clubs and partying hard...And then people say that once you hit 30 time starts to fly.

One thing to do is not reference it as "Dirty Thirty." ---- Do not speak this/put this out there.

And, trust me, as the years go by...when you're in your 50s and later, you'll look back at THIRTY and laugh at the things you thought "back when." :lol:

But, seriously, turning 30, leaving your 20s, is NOT "dirty." --- It is a time of maturing, finding out more of who you are and what you want in your life, and how you plan to get it, etc..

You can look back at your 20s and say, "Thank God, I'm not who I was then.

Life and growing older should make you more mature and wiser, not just for yourself but to help someone else along the way.

You may be able to help guide some young Sister in her 20s about some of the mistakes/poor choices/bad judgement calls, etc...you made in your 20s.

View it as a time for blossoming (no pun intended), not a time for depression.

One thing to do is not reference it as "Dirty Thirty." ---- Do not speak this/put this out there.

And, trust me, as the years go by...when you're in your 50s and later, you'll look back at THIRTY and laugh at the things you thought "back when." :lol:

But, seriously, turning 30, leaving your 20s, is NOT "dirty." --- It is a time of maturing, finding out more of who you are and what you want in your life, and how you plan to get it, etc..

You can look back at your 20s and say, "Thank God, I'm not who I was then.

Life and growing older should make you more mature and wiser, not just for yourself but to help someone else along the way.

You may be able to help guide some young Sister in her 20s about some of the mistakes/poor choices/bad judgement calls, etc...you made in your 20s.

View it as a time for blossoming (no pun intended), not a time for depression.

To be honest I don't know why people call it the "Dirty Thirty"...

im in my late 20s, and I can honestly say, I look younger than a lot of early 20 year old women. So I could care less as long as I take care of myself. I know I will be 50 years old looking 30. So Im not worried so much about age, as I am about having a fulfilling life.

Black don't crack

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back