destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Dirty Surgical Tools Putting Patients at Risk

According to a report from the Center for Public Integrity (CPI), dirty surgical tools are not uncommon – and the more technologically advanced these tools become, the harder they are to clean.

I also heard on the news ... hospitals aren't required to report infections caused by dirty tools.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

According to a report from the Center for Public Integrity (CPI), dirty surgical tools are not uncommon – and the more technologically advanced these tools become, the harder they are to clean.

I also heard on the news ... hospitals aren't required to report infections caused by dirty tools.

Love You!

Destee

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......smh, :bye:...many are suffering, thanks for providing this Destee:

surgical_tools.jpg

And then to top it off, there's this:

Even after Azizi’s team tried to clean the tips, all but seven were still dirty. It turned out a design flaw was to blame.
Another reason for poorly cleaned surgical tools? Hospital employees whose job it is to clean them are underpaid and overworked, and the struggle to have the tools ready for back-to-back operations.

And we know who the overworked and underpaid are...smh, :bye:.......

Peace In,

What i found especially disturbing, watching the newscast, was that all of the instruments that had been cleaned ... when microscopically checked ... all had debris in them ... every single one! It was all inside the grooves and stuff ... hunks of blood ... body tissue ... aint no tell'n what ... :puke:

They say though ... the last place you wanna be is in a hospital ... unless you so sick you have no choice.

I remember when my Sister was sick, and we lived in the hospital for months ... when it came time for her to leave ... one of the pressing concerns was to move her out of the facility because she had gotten better, and the chance of reinfection and stuff was so great ... just by staying there.

The hospital is the place where all the diseases and stuff end up for treatment ... :look:

Everyone be careful, stay as safe and as healthy as you can.

Love You!

Destee

What i found especially disturbing, watching the newscast, was that all of the instruments that had been cleaned ... when microscopically checked ... all had debris in them ... every single one! It was all inside the grooves and stuff ... hunks of blood ... body tissue ... aint no tell'n what ... :puke:

They say though ... the last place you wanna be is in a hospital ... unless you so sick you have no choice.

I remember when my Sister was sick, and we lived in the hospital for months ... when it came time for her to leave ... one of the pressing concerns was to move her out of the facility because she had gotten better, and the chance of reinfection and stuff was so great ... just by staying there.

The hospital is the place where all the diseases and stuff end up for treatment ... :look:

Everyone be careful, stay as safe and as healthy as you can.

Love You!

Destee

Wow! Sad but true.

Still, it's no excuse for proper cleanliness and clean practices that the employees should be doing. It's their job, and there are others that I'm sure would love to take their place and do it right, but, I think it's politics involved. If a person thought their job was threatened, they would clean them tools better. There are ways, I believe that the medical profession could implement to make sure those tools are completely sanitized before they are used, but its a question of will this government enforce the proper channels to set up a such a method.

It could be set just like they do at the airports, a checkpoint table that the tools have to go through to be screened to make sure they have been cleaned properly and I bet you if someone knew this was going to be apart of the process, they'd clean them tool right! Now that would not solve all of the other problems though, that occur in hospitals such as when nurses and workers come into contact with patients. I have several stories of my relatives too, that have been infected due to a worker who did something wrong. Me too, I've had that experience myself but someone looked out for me, thank goodness. These issues should still be addressed otherwise it won't get better. I mean, a doctor is paid so much money to preserve life and to just reverse their work due to bad cleaning practices is just sad.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back