Black Relationships : Diffuculty trusting again, but still want him

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by legit-writer, Dec 2, 2003.

1. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    I have been trying to recover from my previous boyfriend, who betrayed my trust and treated me like ****. Well, I met this one guy and he is very nice, we met online and we get along real well overall. We have a lot in common and things were going well. I have been attending his church as he said that I am more than welcome to attend. We have been together for about a month now. But on the 31st of October, I was just giving him suggestion about cutting back on what he ate. So he got smart with me and said that he is his own boss and that will do things on his own term. So I felt foolish and bad about it. He told me that he takes it back and to forget about it. But I felt that he did not look at my feelings about it. So I felt hurt inside and I decided to just take him home for the night. He said that he did not mean to get smart with me. So things went smooth again. And I found out that he was liking this other girl and I have been thinking that he wants to talk to her instead of being with me. He felt bad because he lied to me and said that he did not like that female when he did. So, I have been afraid that he is going to cheat on me. I have been insecure and it is driving me up the wall. And he told me that he never will and that he would do whatever it takes for me to trust him. But I just feel insecure and every time I bring it up, he gets frustrated at me. And he says that he is frustrated because he is regretful that he lied to me at all. He told me that I need to give him a chance to show me that he is the man for me. Am I pushing too hard and he is correct or what? I need sme advice.

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,864
    Are you ready?

legit-writer, I would SUGGEST that you take your time to get over the last relationship before you enter into another one. What's wrong with spending time alone for a while to assess your life and contemplate about what went wrong the last time and how you might have played a role in the breakdown in the relationship? I don't see anything wrong with it. In fact, I think it might do you well to do just that.

Good luck on your journey of discovery and for now, just have some fun. Don't get hung up in situations that you might not be prepared to handle.

Peace!

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I must say that first you should seek within self and the
    emotional feeling of you and get over the last past relationship
    and know what u like in a man and for a man
    surely there was nothing worng with saying to him the best foods for him but at the same time he know what we like and want no reason for u to be upset there ....
    to asure your self is to know maybe you are working to fast into the next relationship every coin has two sides of it so i can't say if he's write or you but it seem you are seeking to fast .

4. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    Wait a minute $$RICH$$

My boyfriend and I broke up in February of this year. And me and this other guy have been talking since April, but we were just friends. Then we went together in October. I am considered as sensitive because when I was a child, I was abused, so he seems to read that I am sensitive and fragile and cries easily. I try not to let certain things get to me, but it happens because i have been through so much that it is hard. I am not trying to get anyone to feel sorry for me, but I do hope you understand. I am not taking things too fast.

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    well understood and the emotions i feel within
    i say you may have act too fast from only one month
    from the past relationship and the friendship you two had
    as it was taken to a new level
    if you feel he maybe over stepping the heart sensitivity
    and walking on it then you must let go and seek better
    one whom can care and comfort the facts and your heart

sometime it's best to break it off for a while and refine self
    and know the direction ya heart is moving in ....why rush
    into another relationship friendship can be as sweet as a relationship can be when one care and feel your pain , emotions
    the truth and the feelings , listen and speak with reality of good
    advice to help you along the way so friendship would have been very nice at this point til your sure and he was sure of the next level taken ....bless ya heart and all u been through shall be over taken by true love and a blessing ....GOOD LUCK my sistah