Black People : Differences in Crime Rates among Racial Groups

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Lakeesha T, May 4, 2013.

?

What has the strongest effect on crime rates?

This poll will close on Sep 19, 2040 at 10:50 PM.
  1. Income

58.3%
  2. Education

25.0%
  3. Genes

8.3%
  4. Other

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lakeesha T

Lakeesha T Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +10
    I found this quick 2 minute video on Youtube the other day. Kind of short and to the point, I guess. It starts of by showing the crime rates for all the different races, which is pretty shocking in itself. I would have guessed the violent crime rate for African-Americans would be about the same as the White-American and Hispanic-American rates, but the violent crime rate for African-Americans is actually more than twice as high as the violent crime rate for Hispanic-Americans. The video then presents the education and income levels for various races, which shows that African-Americans are more educated and have higher incomes than Hispanic-Americans. To me this raises the question, as the video's producer intended, if Hispanic-Americans are less educated and have lower incomes than African-Americans, shouldn't Hispanic-Americans have a higher violent crime rate than African-Americans? The video also questions the effects of the MAOA "Warrior" Gene. I found that aspect interesting, but the genetic research seems limited.

I used to think that better education and higher incomes would have a strong effect on crime, but after seeing this data, I just don't know. I'm interested in seeing what people in the Destee community think about the questions raised in the video.

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... First, welcome to the Family, and please enjoy your stay. Secondly, the Hispanic community doesn't have the problem of self-hate to overcome as we do, in fact, they love themselves and deal accordingly with outsiders; we are just the opposite. And thirdly, there was no need for me to watch the video, you did a good job explaining it; however, most of us here are well aware of high percentages of black incarceration over all other groups of people.

In addition, Melissa Harris-Perry, of MSNBC had an excellent show this morning on this same topic. If you get a chance, check it out.

Peace In,

3. MimiBelle

MimiBelle Well-Known Member MEMBER

RN-BSN
    Ratings:
    +426
    Sure is nice to see the lower class of troll out and about this fine sunday morn...

*smirk*

Hi...'lakeesha'. How are you?

I can't see the video bc I don't feel like downloading the plugin on my phone. So...can't help you out there. Sorry.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677

MimiBelle ... really ... lower class of troll ... ??? ... you're way out of order.

If you think a rule has been broken, report the post ... don't attack and call folk outta their name.

If you have nothing to add to the specific topic ... no more than violations ... don't say nuth'n.

If you don't like this Member, or what they are saying, put them on ignore.

This is a warning.

:heart:

Destee

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    :hello: Lakeesha T ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thanks for joining us and sharing!

Please make yourself at home, because you are!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

6. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952

You know, you nearly had me going there.... until Mimibelle pointed out your user name and I heaved a sigh of relief. :rofl::rofl: :lol:

Btw, hispanics make more money than blacks and whites commit MORE crimes. :)

@ those who 'might' have been taken in~

FBI CRIME STATISTICS BY RACE

The media wants to sell their news and, crimes committed by minorities especially black crime sells more to the majority (the white population ) than crimes committed by whites. This practice by the media has created the false belief of blacks committing the majority of the crime in the nation. This subliminally embedded belief that most Americans have regardless of their race has cause police officers to believe blacks are more of a threat than the next person which causes an overreacti on towards blacks by the police.

The Justice Department ’s crime by race statistics show that whites commit 70% of the crime and lead in every crime category but are incarcerated only 28% of the time.

Through extensive research I found that The Justice Department compiles the black and Hispanic crime stats together and put them in the black category, it states the black crime rate at 28% but it is truly at about 15%.

The link below shows crime by race in the nation. There is no Hispanic crime category even though there is a Hispanic category on every finger print card sent to the F.B.I. by every jurisdicti on for racial crime statistics . Blacks are still getting the shaft in more ways than people can imagine.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2010/crime-in-the-u.s.-...

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    the greatest crimes are committed by well educated and highly place white people.

george bush is resonsible for more death than any one in modern history. war crime on a massive scale.
    the white and jew bankers have stolen so much money that they have destabilized the world economy.

the hispanics have placed entire countries under control of drug cartels.

now run tell dat

8. Lakeesha T

United States
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks!:)

9. Lakeesha T

United States
    Ratings:
    +10