Black Spirituality Religion : Difference between Religion & Spirituality

Goddess Soul- so true that is! Without the fear of damnation most religions have no power. At the same time most religious people believe their choice in religion is what guarantees them a peaceful eternity- but in most cases it guarantees stubborn indifferences that produce the hell-mind experience in the first place.

Spirituality, or Spirit Reality, is tailored as we see fit, it is a way of reminding ourselves constantly that we are spiritual and not physical beings. And those who have indeed experienced the hell-mind know how to overcome it. If we encounter Devils and Demons- we fan them off not with bibles but with laughter, because a spiritual person conscious of who they really are is fear-less.

In all fairness overtime most religious people realize their own spirit reality. For some it takes a few incarnations into the matrix, for others it might take a near death experience. Black people come from the spirit reality and not the religion. We know this from our culture. When certain forms of music, dance and fashion become redundant we changed it. We were constantly reinventing ourselves. But now the religious mindset is spilling over into our culture as well. The culture has become redundant, and everything we are making turns out to be a carbon copy of the original.

Religion is not about the soul of originality, you are not allowed to be your own self, you must perform just like everyone else- or pay the price of judgment. Yet most religious people hide their spiritual activities from those that share their religion. But they need those activities in order to feel sane and grounded.

Quoting the bible every change they get doesn't seem to fill the prescription for spiritual awareness. Something else is pulling at their soul, and thankfully it is not Satan, it's just the truth.

Ha ha, first off, not knocking anyone, so don't take it personal for the sensitive souls out there, but I came across this lil saying which, for me, sums up this difference:

Religion is for those people who are afraid of going to hell.

Spirituality is for those people who have already been there.

:toast::bullseye:

RIGHT ON.....

WARRIOR

Goddess Soul- so true that is! Without the fear of damnation most religions have no power. At the same time most religious people believe their choice in religion is what guarantees them a peaceful eternity- but in most cases it guarantees stubborn indifferences that produce the hell-mind experience in the first place.

Spirituality, or Spirit Reality, is tailored as we see fit, it is a way of reminding ourselves constantly that we are spiritual and not physical beings. And those who have indeed experienced the hell-mind know how to overcome it. If we encounter Devils and Demons- we fan them off not with bibles but with laughter, because a spiritual person conscious of who they really are is fear-less.

In all fairness overtime most religious people realize their own spirit reality. For some it takes a few incarnations into the matrix, for others it might take a near death experience. Black people come from the spirit reality and not the religion. We know this from our culture. When certain forms of music, dance and fashion become redundant we changed it. We were constantly reinventing ourselves. But now the religious mindset is spilling over into our culture as well. The culture has become redundant, and everything we are making turns out to be a carbon copy of the original.

Religion is not about the soul of originality, you are not allowed to be your own self, you must perform just like everyone else- or pay the price of judgment. Yet most religious people hide their spiritual activities from those that share their religion. But they need those activities in order to feel sane and grounded.

Quoting the bible every change they get doesn't seem to fill the prescription for spiritual awareness. Something else is pulling at their soul, and thankfully it is not Satan, it's just the truth.

Greeting the pure Light in you DG Meta, my thoughts exactly. We're taught to fear the Almighty. So with all this fear of the All-loving then where is the Love? How does one come to love oneslef if they are in fear of the All? As you say DG Meta, without instilling this fear they would have nothing to control their followers who are taught to love "God" but not taught that we ourselves are the Divine in potentiality, therefore, loving the Divine is in reality loving oneself. As I've always heard in Sufism, "to know yourself is to know your Lord". Same can be said 'to love yourself is to love your Lord'. Its just that we're given a misguided concept of who and what our Lord is which is why many followers of their chosen "faith" who love 'god' and do for 'god' yet seem to be in conflict and cannot truly find peace literally living in "hell". To even say that one is the Divine in potentiality would be seen as blaphemous in religious beleifs.

As you say some of us in the realm of spiritual-reality know how to overcome the hell mind - and trust me I have no intentions of going back there...lol. One of my fave sayings which you often find me quoting by Omar Khayyam goes: I sent my soul through the invisible a letter of that afterlife to spell, and by and by my soul returned and said 'I myself am Heaven and Hell'.

Bro So'ja made me aware of "The Metaphysical Bible". Perhaps it would save a whole heap of confusion if people purchased the book. I checked out the website and agree with the following statement: When one looks at the Bible from a metaphysical and symbolic standpoint, the contradictions and inaccuracies no longer matter. The meaning in the scriptures is found below the surface and is not always as obvious. It requires a different understanding. Not that the Bible doesn't have wonderful stories that provide powerful ethical teachings; but the stories become even richer when we interpret them metaphysically. We begin to see that these stories are really about us and our own evolution inspiritual consciousness.

The other day my children's grandmother who is a Jehovah's Witness asked me if I was still a Muslim. I told her I don't label myself a Muslim anymore but that I was studying more about Afrikan spirituality and cosmology. She herself is from Ghana but she blasted me and said I will be cursed if I follow the Afrikan ways. She says that Afrikan spirituality is evil and full of demons and that I must follow the right way of Jehovah. Hmmm... I kindly aksed her thatif she didn't mind that I did not wish to continue this conversation and she hung up the phone on me...oh well, what can ya do eh.

As you say, we each come into our own spirit realisation over time. It took me many years and I'm still allowing the universe to slowly unveil the mysteries within. I don't get into debates of trying to prove this scriptures or that scripture or trying to proove whether Jesus, Muhammad or any of the prophets existed or not. I was drawn more to ontological and theosophical studies and learnt to study from a metaphysical perspective. So I'm done with trying to argue and debate on religious issues per se. Takes too much energy which I can best put into working on building up my spiritual energies.

Much Love & Peace enlightened soul & may your light remain illumined to seekers upon the path of Truth & Love!

:heart:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back