Black People : Did You Know?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by PurpleMoons, Oct 3, 2004.

1. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    If you knew:
    FORMALDEHYDE is in Johnson & Johnson’s baby shampoo, would you use it? Dawn dish detergent is the #2 CAUSE of accidental poisonings in children, would you buy it? Lysol is a REGISTERED PESTICIDE, would you use it to disinfect your child’s toys?

The Consumer Product Safety Commission connects 150 chemicals commonly found in our homes to allergies, birth defects, cancer and psychological disorders.

If you knew there was a CHEAPER, SAFER alternative to the toxic products in your home, would you SWITCH? Make the decision today to make your home safer for your family. Helping People to Better their Lives!

If up to this point, you haven’t done much research on toxic products, stop what you are doing! You really need to be informed for your family’s sake!

Take a virtual tour of the toxins in your home
    http://6s4u.healthyhometour.com/house1/prodmenu.htm

Watch a video on toxins in your home
    http://www.cbc.ca/consumers/market/..._rm_030311.html

Did you know that many of the consumable products you may currently be using contain caustic chemicals that can be harmful to you and your family’s health? Hazardous chemical concentrations are 2-5 times higher inside our homes than outdoors. (Source: Environmental Protection Agency)

The top 12 cancer causing products (called "The Dirty Dozen") in the average home includes the following: Johnson and Johnson Baby powder with Talc, Crest Tartar Control Toothpaste, V05 Hair Conditioner, Clairol Nice N Easy Hair Color, AJAX Cleanser, Lysol Disinfectant (Source: The National Cancer Prevention Coalition)

In one decade, there has been a 42% increase in asthma (29% for men; 82% for women-the higher rate for women is believed to be due to women’s longer exposure times to household chemicals) (Source: Center for Disease Control)

There has been a 28% increase in childhood cancer since the addition of pesticides into household products. (Source: National Cancer Institute) Over 150 chemicals found in the average home have been linked to allergies, birth defects, cancer and psychological abnormalities (Source: Consumer Product Safety Commission)

Liquid Dish Soap is the leading cause of poisonings in the home for children under the age of 6 (over 2.1 million accidental poisonings per year) (contains formaldehyde and ammonia in most brands)

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    That's deep...I didn't know that! Thanks for the info Purple!

3. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    KRAZY, THANKX 4PUTTING US UP ON GAME.HOWEVER I READ THT DAIRY PRODUCTS CONTRIBUTE A GREAT DEAL TO ASTHMA(LACTOSE REJECTION)

4. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Let's see I can't wash my dished for fear of posioning my daughter...can't wash her hair....can't drink milk....can't eat beef (mad cow & steriods)....can't eat veggies either (pesticides)....grains (bleaches)....drink water (sewage).....cell phones are killing my sperm count....and people wonder why I wanna go back to Africa!!

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Back to Africa OR...until then...make your own soap right in your kitchen, grow your own vegetables and grains or purchase fresh from reputable city markets, stop drinking cows milk and get your calcium through vegetables and other natural foods high in calcium, if you must eat meat, purchase your meat from reputable producers and not food chains, invest in a water purifier for the home and who really NEEDS a cellphone anyway?

Queenie :spinstar:

6. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    dang, I feel like bro. pan...
    this is some very informative imformatin ...*whew* ....makes me feel like loading my family up, and heading out :car: ...but to where? :thanks: purple for the info :wink:

7. bienamor

bienamor Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    which part is better?

Which one of these is going to be better?????? sure wont be the water. I have the same problems here, but think I will stay.

I have to agree with queenie, the only way you won't have to worry about any of this anywhere will be if you do it yourself. and by the time you do it right, you will have a new full time job. cell phone is the one you can do without!

8. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    I have a small child...so I need my cell in case of an emergency....I'll go without the water! :grin: