Did You Know...

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Aqil, May 29, 2001.

1. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    that African-Americans spend millions of dollars killing themselves? They spend millions on swine meat and other dead animal flesh, millions on alcohol, and millions on tobacco. Hundreds of thousands of African-Americans die each year from strokes, high blood pressure, heart attacks, cirrhosis of the liver (caused by excessive alcohol consumption), lung cancer (caused by cigarette smoking), arteriosclerosis (hardening of the blood arteries caused by fat in the bloodstream from the consumption of animal flesh and animal by-products), sugar diabetes, kidney diseases, ulcers, stomach and colon cancers, etc. Yet they keep on eatin’ them pork chops and ham (the pig’s butt!), drinkin’ that Johnny Walker “Dead,” and smokin’ them cigs... When will they ever learn?

**********************************************************************************

that common salt is NOT a seasoning? It is a preservative that is used for seasoning. Garlic, pepper and onions are natural seasonings, because they grow, as do herbs and spices. Salt does not grow – it accumulates, which is why excessive use of this preservative is dangerous to your health (salt does the same thing in the body). Wherever there are large deposits of salt on this planet you will see nothing growing. Birds do not even fly over the Dead Sea, because it is a sea of salt, and nothing lives in it...

**********************************************************************************

that scientists have found cancer-causing nitrosomines in whiskey and hog bile in beer? No wonder the manufacturers of these poisons balked at consumers’ demands for them to list the ingredients of whiskey and beer on their labels. Excessive alcohol consumption causes the whites of the eyes to become dull, reddish-brown in color, and scaly. Check out the eyes of an alcoholic or someone you know who consumes large amounts of alcohol. This is why all a doctor has to do is look into your eyes to know whether or not you are an alcoholic, or if you consume excessive amounts of this deadly poison...

that love is self-preservation? This is the true meaning of the word, and this statement cannot be disputed. Before you can love anybody else you must first love yourself, and loving yourself means that you have knowledge of the fact that your body is the temple of God’s spirit – its dwelling place – therefore you must keep it clean. This means that nothing should ever enter the temple (your body) that would pollute, contaminate, or harm it (e.g., alcohol, tobacco, chemicals, hard drugs, swine meat and other dead animal flesh)...

that the best way to be kind to animals is to stop killing and eating them? All you do when you bake, boil, fry, broil or roast meat (i.e., dead animal flesh) is disguise the rotting flesh of the dead carcass of a murdered animal...

that the spirit of God, confined in a diseased, deficient, unhealthy brain – poisoned with the waste products of gluttony, wrong eating and wrong living – is utterly unable to produce harmonious thought? The lower brain (cerebellum), in an equally imperfect condition, cannot give birth to a vibration or current of energy that is as constructive as is necessary. For the most part the energy is used in a negative, destructive way. Thoughts are imperfect and spasmodic, and the acts which follow are equally so...

Human actions are governed by man’s mental condition, and man’s mental condition is strongly influenced by the food that he eats. Eating and drinking are the primary needs of man, and it is the first duty of a religion to guide him in this respect...

that 99% of all diseases incurred by mankind comes from what he puts in his mouth? This certainly concurs with the ancient Arabic aphorism that says: “The stomach is the home of disease.” And since disease is sin, the stomach is therefore the home of sin...

that God forbids the eating of swine flesh (pork) in the Holy Bible? This law (and references to it) can be found in the Old Testament - in Leviticus 11:7-8; Deuteronomy 14:8; Isaiah 65:4 & 66:17; and Ezekiel 4:14 & 44:31...

The flesh of swine has been proven to be injurious, not only to man’s physical health, but to his moral and spiritual health as well. The swine eats filth and takes delight in living in dirty places. It has indecent habits and possesses the evil trait of sex-perversion. Tapeworms, scrofula, cancer and encysted trichina (or trichinosis) are known to be prevalent among pork-eating people. Swine flesh is: bacon, bologna (“baloney”), barbecue ribs and/or shoulder, chitterlings (hog intestines), fatback, ham, ham hocks (hog knees), hoghead cheese, hog maws, mountain oysters (hog testicles), neckbones, pepperoni, pig ears, feet and tails, Polish sausage, pork loin, pork chops, pork skins, roast pork, salt pork, sausage, and soucemeat (i.e., “sow’s meat”)...

that Polish people are the largest pork-consuming ethnic group in the world? It is also the general consensus of opinion that they are also the most mentally undernourished. Second in both categories are African-Americans...

that the word “sausage” is derived from the words “sow” (a female hog) and “sage” (a seasoning)? And the English word “sewer” is pronounced exactly like the Hindu word for swine: “su’ar.”

2. Joyce

Joyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    He jogged each morning.
    He ate all of the right foods.
    Killed by heart attack.

True haiku...happened on the side of the highway down from my house five years ago.

It is appointed for every man to die once...then comes judgment.

Truth...My sister in law's grandmother is guilty of eating some of the things you say is killing African Americans. Today she is 114 years old. Lives at home with my sister in law's mother who is 84
    years old and eat dat stuff up deah what you was talkin bout.

So what is my point? It is good to eat right but I won't bet my life on it. I'll simply do it to feel better, but I do intend to enjoy myself sometime wit soma dat fried catfish, collards, turnips and mustards cooked together and somthered in dem hamhocks...my, my, my, my, my. Pray for me :lol: I sho need it. But I'm here to tell you that I live and exist by the grace of God...not vitamins...grace takes up the slack.

I do appreciate however, all of the facts you have provided above. But I can't even keep the law of the old testament, therefore I recieve grace and mercy thru Jesus Christ, in my time of need. Cause in reality, if I abide by all of your rules for nutrition, I will feel better...but I will still die sooner or later. I am however, a nutrition fanatic believe it or not. But I do get weak before a table of soul food prepared by James.
    I won't resist his food no more than I will his loving. Both of them are powerfully potent...:lol:

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    wow!!!! gotta watch my self .....thankz for da info.

4. Nia Maishani

Nia Maishani Well-Known Member MEMBER

Business Owner
    Displaced at the Junction of Hoosiers and Bluegras
    Ratings:
    +1
    Brother Aqil...

I hope that you are still around the forum to read this. I tremendously appreciate this service you are providing for our people by educating them on "Right Eating". Asante sana.

Swine filth, animal milk, drugs like refined sugar, alcohol, tobaccco, etc. were not meant for our consumption. Yet, because we tend to yield to our beast-like nature, we partake. Pardon me; THEY partake.

Proud to be drug and meat and cruelty free! Keep teaching!

*namaste*

5. Nia Maishani

Business Owner
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just want to add...

If you didn't already mention...

The average American consumes a great deal more protein than is essential, which is directly attributable to meat consumption.
    Excess protein promotes tumors, and additionally, toxins are stored around vital organs, wherever excess fat is stored. Toxins promote dis-eases. Cow's milk is known to cause effeminization of males. Eggs nowadays are not real eggs (produced by mating of chicken and hen), nor is most meat; everything is fast becoming genetically modified (GMOs). White sugar is no less a drug than cocaine or heroine, just a different and milder effect. Cigarrettes are addictive not because of the nicotine, but because they contain opium. Unbelieveable, right? Well, don't believe it; just keep believing those who capitalize off your ignorance. How does the adage go? Our people perish for lack of knowledge?

6. dbaraka

dbaraka Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Agil,I do agree with you.A lot of what you say is covered in a book written by Llaila O. Africa(African Holistic Health). Joyce, I'm not saying that you are wrong or right,but your logic is flawed.Your reply reminds me of a conversation that I had with a co-worker.He said that his grand mother ate pork,and all types of soul food and she live well into her 90's ,which to him was proof that there was nothing wrong with her life style.I asked him three questions.Is it healthy to to be a drug addict for twenty years?He said no.Then I Asked if it was healthy to have unprotected sex with a lot of strange women?Again he said no.Then I asked him if it was healthy to consume large quantities of whiskey?He said no.I told him that I knew a man who did all of these things and has never been sick a day in his life.And this man is almost 70 years old. then I asked one more question.Because he live this kind of life and he is still healthy ,is that proof that his life style is healthy.Of course he had no logical reply to the last question.Please don't be upset with me sister.In the end you maybe proven correct,but you must use another form of logic.:heart:

7. Nia Maishani

Business Owner
    Ratings:
    +1
    Love and Awareness to all present,

Always good to see you in the forums, DBaraka. There is nothing at all personal in this discussion; it's all love. In my opinion, as extensions of the Creator, we have an obligation to treat and care for ourselves and one another accordingly. Stuffing our faces and temples with putrefied animal carcass and drugs and other harmful substances, and living sloven or health-risking lifestyles is not the way, whether we will live 5 years or 105 years. Not only are the aforementioned substances harmful to the physical being, but to the spiritual being (the essence of the person) as well. As someone who chooses to live the Spiritual Life, I have no intention of corrupting my spirit by allowing corruption into my body or mind. It is an everyday discipline to guard one's spirit against those poisons.

8. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Thank you Nia Maishani for your enlightening discourses...

9. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    And thank you, dbaraka. Yes, I am quite familiar with Sister Laila O. Africa and African Holistic Health...

10. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Human actions are governed by man’s mental condition, and man’s mental condition is strongly influenced by the food that he eats. Eating and drinking are the primary needs of man, and it is the first duty of a religion to guide him in this respect...