Did You Know Vegetarians live longer than Meat-eaters!

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Pharaoh Jahil, May 20, 2005.

1. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    History
    For 99.999% of history, mankind has eaten whatever it could find, grow, kill or raise. Issues of what might be the optimum diet, and what the health consequences might be of various diets, were never studied in depth.
    After World War II, scientists began for the first time to compile comprehensive statistics correlating the diet-styles and health of all the populations in the world.

Correlations
    One fact that emerged consistently was the strong correlation between heavy flesh-eating and short life expectancy. The Eskimos, the Laplanders, the Greenlanders, and the Russian Kurgi tribes stood out as the populations with the highest animal flesh consumption in the world and also as among the populations with the lowest life expectancies, often only about 30 years. 2

Climatic Factors
    It was found that this was not due to the severity of their climates alone. Other groups, living in harsh conditions, but subsisting with little or no animal flesh, had some of the highest life expectancies in the world. For example, an unusually large number of the Russian Caucasians, the Yucatan Indians, the East Indian To-das and the Pakistan Hunzakuts have life expectancies of 90 to 100 years. 3

Modern Technology
    The United States has the world’s most sophisticated medical technology, and one of the most temperate climates. It’s one the of the highest consumers of meat and animal products in the world. It also has one of the lowest life expectancies of the industrialised nations.

Longest life spans in the world
    The cultures with the longest life spans in the world are the Vilcambas, who live in the Andes of Ecuador, the Abkhasians, who live on the Black Sea in the USSR, and the Hunzas, who live in the Himalayas of Northern Pakistan. 4 Researchers discovered a "striking similarity" in the diets of these groups, scattered though they are in different parts of the planet. All three are either totally vegetarian or close to it. 5 The Hunzas who are the largest of the three groups, eat almost no animal products. Meat and dairy products combined account for only 1½% of their total calories. 6
    Particularly striking to researchers who have visited these cultures is that the people not only live so long, but that they enjoy full, active lives throughout their many years, and show no signs of the many degenerative diseases that afflict the elderly in our culture.

"They work and play at 80 and be-yond; most of those who reach their 100th birthday continue to be ac-tive, and retirement is unheard of. The absence of (excess protein) in their diets engenders slower growth and slim, compact body frames. With age, wisdom accumulates, but physical degeneration is limited so the senior citizens of these remote societies have something unique to contribute to the lives of others. They are revered."

http://www.alanlam.demon.co.uk/dyk2f.htm

2. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Salaams brutha Jahil....

I kinda like this thread you dropped here.

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    we sex better too.........

and smell better............... :slobber:

4. indya

indya Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    The meat-eaters in my family are doing pretty good for ourselves. Most of my family are living into they're late 90's.

I'll just go enjoy my fat juicy hamberger now, maybe a salad on the side.

5. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Haha, true indeed.

PEACE

6. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Shoot and they look better too...mmhm..wooo...can i have a big zuchinni rotf

7. Ralfa'il

Ratings:
    +16
    The children of vegetrians and other people who aren't getting enough meat are ususally shorter and stubbier than those of meat eaters.

Look how short East and South Asians are when they come over to America, and then look at their children after getting a better more balanced diet!

:smokin: Meat also provides the body with the essential mineral and nutrient Zinc which is needed for the proper manufacturing of testosterone which makes a health strong sex life.

So no matter how good a vegetarian may "look".....unless all yall plan to do is sit there and "look" at eachother all day....is suggest you give your man some meat so he can get his groove on properly.

8. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    My baby dont need no meat..ill take his groove the way it is. :kiss2:

9. Ralfa'il

Ratings:
    +16
    Well babies can't eat meat no way.......

That's a job only a MAN :weights: can handle!!!!

Ha haaa......

10. sonnee01

sonnee01 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +29
    I know quite a few brothers who do not eat meat, and all is well. Me myself, I have not eaten meat for over two yrs. now, and I feel and look great, not to mention I have been given the a-okay by my doctor. So having said all that, I feel not eating meat is a good thing, and for all you die hard meat eaters, " Don't knock it until you try it"