Did you know India has a population over 160 Million Blacks called Untouchables

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
I have often thought we should work on freedoms of our brothers and sisters, in other places first.

It not only brings focus, but gaurantees you ( us black americans ) exposure, and world attention. Solidarity is achieved immediately, and the boomarang effect across nations. Snap things into perpective.

Blacks in america will never be free, because we lack unity. The false part of what we are trying to achieve is its not our unity here, its our unity and concern for distant lands. Africa, India, All of South America.

This should be our focus, and we should take the small amounts of money we have, and free up the lands and people we have abandoned and need who not only sit on the wealth, but need our help to regain that wealth and can help us with what we lack here. Wealth. This is what we need to do. Think about it? All the gold is in Africa. It is our motherland.

Here is a criss cross I read today. The blacks from south america were brought north, and the africans from african were taken to south america. Blacks were already in North America with the indians and the mixture and criss cross was the confusion.

" One of the least known facts about American history is that along with the American Indians, there were millions of African Blacks who lived in the Americas before Columbus and for thousands of years. They were enslaved right here in the Americas and sold to plantations in the South. Blacks from South America who had lived there for thousands of years were also taken and sold to plantations in North America. These Blacks were the cousins, brothers and sisters of the Africans who were taken to the Americas as slaves after 1492. Hence, Blacks in America also lost millions of square miles of land to the European settlers and invaders. In fact today in parts of coastal South America and Central America, Blacks descended from pre-Columbian Africans are still struggling to maintain the lands they have had long before the arrival of the Europeans to the Americas. "

http://community-2.webtv.net/NUBIANEM/CHARTOFBLACK/page9.html

============================

http://www.cwo.com/~lucumi/india.html

Possibly the most substantial percentage of Asia's Blacks can be identified among India's 160 million "Untouchables" or "Dalits." Frequently they are called "Outcastes." Indian nationalist leader and devout Hindu Mohandas K. Gandhi called them "Harijans," meaning "children of god." The official name given them in India's constitution (1951) is "Scheduled Castes." "Dalit," meaning "crushed and broken," is a name that has come into prominence only within the last four decades. "Dalit" reflects a radically different response to oppression.

The Dalit are demonstrating a rapidly expanding awareness of their African ancestry and their relationship to the struggle of Black people throughout the world. They seem particularly enamored of African-Americans. African-Americans, in general, seem almost idolized by the Dalit, and the Black Panther Party, in particular, is virtually revered. In April 1972, for example, the Dalit Panther Party was formed in Bombay, India. This organization takes its pride and inspiration directly from the Black Panther Party of the United States. This is a highly important development due to the fact that the Untouchables have historically been so systematically terrorized that many of them, even today, live in a perpetual state of extreme fear of their upper caste oppressors. This is especially evident in the villages. The formation of the Dalit Panthers and the corresponding philosophy that accompanies it signals a fundamental change in the annals of resistance, and Dalit Panther organizations have subsequently spread to other parts of India. In August 1972, the Dalit Panthers announced that the 25th anniversary of Indian independence would be celebrated as a day of mourning. In 1981, in Bangalore, India Dravidian journalist V.T. Rajshekar published the first issue of Dalit Voice--the major English journal of the Black Untouchables. In a 1987 publication entitled the African Presence in Early Asia, Rajshekar stated that:

" The African-Americans also must know that their liberation struggle cannot be complete as long as their own blood-brothers and sisters living in far off Asia are suffering. It is true that African-Americans are also suffering, but our people here today are where African-Americans were two hundred years ago.

African-American leaders can give our struggle tremendous support by bringing forth knowledge of the existence of such a huge chunk of Asian Blacks to the notice of both the American Black masses and the Black masses who dwell within the African continent itself."

Good Information Hodee, thank you for posting it. You should visit the PanAfrican forum. I don't think I have seen you there before, but unifying black people from different countries is what PanAfricanism is about. The entire forum is dedicated to that idea, indeed this topic better fits that forum than it doesthe brother forum.

Thanks Pan your right. I posted here because I may bring this up as a topic to discuss during brothers chat.

I found this information because I received a call yesterday about donating to Cancer and Aids. The caller mentioned India in our conversation. I was telling him about some local research that improved the health in blacks having aids, and I sensed something deeper in our exchange.

I wanted to share the struggle I saw the "Untouchables" or "Dalits." Frequently they are called "Outcastes have and how I could relate to this knowing in America we are outcast. This article enlighted me on the fact we were here with the Native Americans long before Columbus. I havent heard anyone say this and I have been exposed to many brothers who are serious about PanAfrican issues.

Your input is always welcome, you have a wealth of knowledge about PanAfricanism. I haven't visited lately, or posted in the PanAfrican forum, but from your comments and suggestions I have researched and looked over information you have presented there.

If you recall Queen posed some questions to this forum, Im not sure of all the replys received. Her question was how do all the organizations relate, what do they have in common, and she wanted the differences explained if possible. The question also asked what are they doing to unify.

Her question was more detailed, than this but this was basically what her question was. I will have to check and see what replys came in on that question and I will visit the PanAfrican forum more. Thanks

" One of the least known facts about American history is that along with the American Indians, there were millions of African Blacks who lived in the Americas before Columbus and for thousands of years. They were enslaved right here in the Americas and sold to plantations in the South. Blacks from South America who had lived there for thousands of years were also taken and sold to plantations in North America. These Blacks were the cousins, brothers and sisters of the Africans who were taken to the Americas as slaves after 1492. Hence, Blacks in America also lost millions of square miles of land to the European settlers and invaders. In fact today in parts of coastal South America and Central America, Blacks descended from pre-Columbian Africans are still struggling to maintain the lands they have had long before the arrival of the Europeans to the Americas. "

WoW! I was not aware of that. I have been doing a study on blacks in the bible and have learned much. Thanks for sharing. I love being enlightened by facts such as these. If you have more or know where I can go to learn more, please hip me to some mo facts.

Joyce

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back