Black Relationships : did you chose to be what you are?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by jamesfrmphilly, Apr 16, 2005.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    do you chose to be heterosexual?

when you were a child did you sit down one day and decide what your sexual orientation was to be?
    do you remember that day?

could you make a life style choice and decide to be gay?
    do you think gay people can make a lifestyle choice and decide to be straight?

if there is no choice involved how can morality be assigned?
    do you think God made certain people or groups to be "immoral"?
    why would he do that?

2. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16

I basically chose my sexual lifestyle.

While a person may not always be able to help who (or what) they are attracted to, they almost always have power over their own behaviors and can choose not to engage in immoral activity.

Some people are violent by nature, but they have to learn how to control those urges in order to get along in society.

There are mental disorders called "pyro-mania" and "clepto-mania" where people get an incredible urge to start fires or steal. But most learn to control these strong desires to avoid facing the consequences of thier immoral behavior.

And so we come to homosexuality....

Now homosexual THOUGHTS may or may not necessarily be a sin in itself (although it is a mental illness) but homosexual ACTS are diffenately immoral and unnatural and those actions warrant punishment.

3. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    How can you choose being gay or straight? When you hit puberty, you are automatically attracted to whichever gender.

There are some hetereosexual people who might act on sexual curiosity; maybe they're 'choosing'. But I think the sexual orientation of most is something they can't help.

It's interesting despite how demonized homosexuality is, it's still present in even the most unexpected cultures. Why would someone choose a lifestyle that's going to result in extreme persecution from the outside world?

4. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    says who?

how do you define what is moral or natural?

i notice that people seem to toss those words around quite freely with out ever saying what they really mean and where they came from.
    why don't you just say that you don't LIKE it?

5. Ralfa'il

Ratings:
    +16
    Greetings sis...

It's interesting despite how demonized homosexuality is, it's still present in even the most unexpected cultures. Why would someone choose a lifestyle that's going to result in extreme persecution from the outside world?

Look at pedophilia.....

It is immoral and demonized in nearly every society yet it not only is practiced but seems to be flourishing in the black market.

James

Greetings black man....

says who?

how do you define what is moral or natural?

What part of a man's body was made to comfortably accept a penis?

Regardless of how much they love one another, can 2 women produce a child?

Homosexual activity is something you can't even find among the wildest of animals, so how on Earth could it be natural among civilized human beings?

Every culture on the planet has historically condemned homosexualiy, even Communist Athiestic ones.

i notice that people seem to toss those words around quite freely with out ever saying what they really mean and where they came from.
    why don't you just say that you don't LIKE it?

I thought that would be obvious.

6. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    as i thought, what you do not like is immoral.

my definition is that whatever two consenting adults decide to do between themselves is OK with me.

many people use the word moral, few ever define what they mean.
    fewer still know what they are talking about.

7. Ralfa'il

Ratings:
    +16
    James

Peace

Why do they have to be adults....

What if a 45 year old man wanted to sexually stimulate a 14 year old female without hurting her....if she was all for it would that be alright?

Also, do you support spanking a child?

8. karmashines

Ratings:
    +19
    Pedophilia is not the same as gayness. Gayness involves two adults who know what they're doing; pedophilia doesn't.

Some tribal cultures have accepted gayness. Native Americans are probably the most well-known to do this, but there are some African ones who have as well.

And there are incidents of gayness in the animal kingdom. On Animal Planet, I learned about one species of lizard doesn't even have males! The females have the ability to create clones of themselves after their reproductive organs are 'stimulated' by another female lizard.

Lastly, sex for humans is a lot deeper than procreation. There are a lot of infertile heterosexuals who cannot have babies... does that mean they should be punished as well?

9. karmashines

Ratings:
    +19
    A 14-year-old girl is not a good example because in some cultures womanhood is determined by whether or not a girl is menstruating. So for some societies, this scenario would be acceptable. Even in our culture on some level a 14-year-old girl that has sex with older men does know what she's doing. A child who is 8 or 10, however, wouldn't. Before puberty, children do not have sexual desires in the way that adults do.

10. Ralfa'il

Ratings:
    +16

Pedophilia is not the same as gayness. Gayness involves two adults who know what they're doing; pedophilia doesn't.
    What difference does the age make?

Sin is sin.

Am I any more justified in robbing a 40 year old than a 10 year old?

With homosexuality...age and consent is irrelevant because it's not the AGE so much as it's the ACT.

Some tribal cultures have accepted gayness. Native Americans are probably the most well-known to do this, but there are some African ones who have as well.
    Can you name me one tribe in Africa or in the Americas where homosexuality was originally tolerated?

I say originally because there are plenty of Africans and Native Americans now that not only tolerate homosexuality but ARE homosexual themselves, but when was this ever accepted in thier tribal history.

And there are incidents of gayness in the animal kingdom. On Animal Planet, I learned about one species of lizard doesn't even have males! The females have the ability to create clones of themselves after their reproductive organs are 'stimulated' by another female lizard.
    Sista, you know ain't no homosexuality being practiced in the animal kingdom.

You ain't never seen no male lizard sliding around in pink lace pooping out jelly beans and smiling.

Lastly, sex for humans is a lot deeper than procreation. There are a lot of infertile heterosexuals who cannot have babies... does that mean they should be punished as well?
    You aren't punished for what you can't do, you are punished for doing what you have no business doing.