Black People : Did yall know some of the most famous pirates of the carribean were black?

PoeticManifesta

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 24, 2005
Virginia Beach,Va
Occupation
Local Insurance Agent
I was looking at one of our local public broadcasting stations , and it had a very interesting program about the denied heritage of african american piratres. White folk did not want to let the slaves know that while they were planting cotton, famous pirates like black beard was living quite lavishly.. heres what I found.. Pirates of the Carribean- Nat. Geographic
I have always been a fan of blackbeard.. however ive never known he was black... surely Jonny Depp on the pirates of the Carribean wasnt black.. surely Shemar Moore wouldve done justice to that role.. :?: indeed.. indeed! :drink:

Great post. I didn't read that Black Beard was black, ( I could have misread the article ) but I didn't know of the contributions black pirates made on the high seas. Thanks for sharing. I will do more research later, this is interesting.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back