Black Spirituality Religion : Did the Second Coming Already Happen?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by river, Dec 29, 2005.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Christians the world over are waiting for the second coming of christ. But the bible seems to suggest that the second coming has already happened shortly after the resurrection.

John 20:17
    Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father:

Ten verses later

John 20:27
    Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing

Did Jesus forget that he was not to be touched until he ascended or had he already ascended and returned when he told Thomas to touvh him?

Like the Jews who are still waiting for the Messiah's first coming could christians be waiting for something that has already happened?

If the kingdom of God is within us why do we sit by the road with our bags packed when we should be building that inner world of the spirit within?

2. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    Do you want the Truth or do you want someone to just perpetuate the lie of the New Testament for you?

3. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

No, He didn't forget what He said, but maybe some had forgotten who He said it to.;)

The Second Coming couldn't have happened, because there will be certain signs around it to let one know it has happened. However, only the most faithful will recognize these signs, because they have been vigilant.

We sit and wait, because this is what we're commanded to do, but that doesn't mean we cannot build in the Spirit, which we definitely should do because we need to build up treasures before the King to prove our worth.

And as we all have been salvaged by the sacrifice of the Son on the tree, so shall all who still dwell this earth in the faith be saved from the wrath to come, and as we'll ll have a resurrection as the Son has had on the 3rd day, so shall we all have eternal life after our Savior redeems every one of His sheep. There just needs to be a trust in He, a belief in His Way, and faith in His works.