Black Spirituality Religion : Did The Fear Of Death Give Birth To Religion?

No.... I would not suspect "Death" as inspiration for Religion.
Religion was very likely inspired by the Politics and Social Control of large populations of peoples with differing race culture history geography and beliefs.

Intrinsic Yes, Inescapable not sure.

Fundamental yes, Inevitable not sure.
It maybe the end of human life but not the end of Life.

Is it the fear of Death or the fear of Pain and Suffering and to a lesser extent the Unknown?
Man's Basic Animal Nature is to flee from Pain and seek out Pleasure.

Religion uses anything that creates the disincentives of fear, Punishment, guilt, shame and humiliation with in incentives of various Rewards and Blessings to gain control over the hearts and mind of Man.....Carrot or Stick.

No.

Death is a mystery and one of the many frontiers Mankind seeks to understand more and more, Jesus Christ is said to have Conquered Death......"Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?"

Understand that Religion is the Politicization of Spirituality
Spirituality is the search for The Truth that sets us Free..
Politics is about Control.
Oh and btw, death certainly ain't no mystery. Who preached that to you? If death is indeed inevitable it's not anybody's mystery. as I've said death is a fundamental feature of human life. enough said...

It seems you are speaking to street philosophers who wax and wane as the expound on the falsity of religiosities, often they are not wrong but what is left out of their sophistry is the Root(origin and source) and Stem(influences and route) leaving you with a disjointed lot of argumentations buttressed by ad hominems and populums of the immediate social environment.

Oh and btw, death certainly ain't no mystery. Who preached that to you?
Many cultures have provided a explanation of what death is...

If death is indeed inevitable it's not anybody's mystery.
I no longer see death as inevitable...Jesus Moses Enoch and Elijah seems to have conquered death.

as I've said death is a fundamental feature of human life. enough said...
Yes death is a fundamental occurrence.
Truth is, Religion's story could not be told with out mentioning the word death!
True...

The two work together, as you can't really accomplish one without the other!
The True Goal and Purpose of Religion is Life and more Abundant Life

And I personally think that all of you know why! Religion actually feeds off of death, etc. enough said...
Religion does not feed off Death....Political Abuse of Religion feeds us Fears in order to control and manipulate our actions. If you fear death then politics through religion will have you killing others or killing yourself.

It seems you are speaking to street philosophers who wax and wane as the expound on the falsity of religiosities, often they are not wrong but what is left out of their sophistry is the Root(origin and source) and Stem(influences and route) leaving you with a disjointed lot of argumentations buttressed by ad hominems and populums of the immediate social environment.

Many cultures have provided a explanation of what death is...

I no longer see death as inevitable...Jesus Moses Enoch and Elijah seems to have conquered death.

Yes death is a fundamental occurrence.

True...

The True Goal and Purpose of Religion is Life and more Abundant Life

Religion does not feed off Death....Political Abuse of Religion feeds us Fears in order to control and manipulate our actions. If you fear death then politics through religion will have you killing others or killing yourself.
Explain exactly how Jesus, and othrs mentioned, conquered death? More than that, prove what you are implying! Go into exact detail! Lets now hear what you have to say.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back