Black Spirituality Religion : Did Paul Lie On Jesus?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by river, May 25, 2006.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Acts 20:35b
    ...And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'

Where did Jesus say this? To my knowledge no scripture anywhere in the Bible that quotes these words coming out of Jesus' mouth.

Can someone add to my knowledge and show me where Jesus said this?

2. Sefirot

Sefirot Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +14
    Paul did a GREAT number of things to oppose Yashua. In fact, it is his church to which we so anxiously flock. Not Yashua's.

3. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Yeap Paul did a lot of lying but Jesus himself did not stop those with wicked intention to use his name for healing.

The word is still out.

4. Slowly

Slowly Well-Known Member MEMBER

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    Not everything Jesus did or said was recorded. Have you ever wondered about His siblings or His childhood?

5. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Whether Jesus lived or not imho does not matter, what matter for me is those individuals in our community who CREATED a world of possiblities never seen before using their own UNIQUE WEAR and TEAR experience with Jesus as a inspiration. Jesus teaching CAME to LIFE through their WORK. And the WORLD was astonished.

Check our AA history if you really are interest.

Nor do I believe Jesus is the proper path for any and every one on the planet. You have the God given right to FREEWILL. Use it. If this earth can fit all of US now imagine the afterlife and the universe that beckons.

I hate to compare but if one man strength fropm our POOR COMMUNITIES was found with astonishing WORKS in his belief in Jesus but credited the CREATOR for the achievement and the insight which demostrate EXCELLENT WORKS to make a RACE of PEOPLE proud and GIVE US CREDIT, getting evidence of Jesus is no matter of IMPORTANCE.

Learning how this person was able to DISCERN is much important for me.

That is all.

6. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    That's true, slowly. Now since the Gospels weren't even written until well after Paul's death he could not have been talking about something recorded in the bible.

The problem is he tells them to "remember the words" implying that he and his audience had heard or read these words before. Paul never met Jesus when he was alive neither did the Ephesians to whom he was speaking.

In fact, looking back at verse 17 we see that this is not even Paul speaking but someone quoting Paul. Brotha High Priest showed us severalweeks ago how Paul denied everything the author of the book of Acts said about his missionary work.

Such intrigue. We don't know who was lying on who in this book.

7. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Speak Dusty Speak

I buy nothing wholesale. If some truth mannaged to find its way into the bible and our people found it there, that's cool. It's the dogma, the insistance on belief in a false history, the denial of our own history, all these negative by-products of christianity that is not cool at all.

8. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

Peace, I have been persecuted for saying this for years............................

:hearthis:

9. NITAINO75

NITAINO75 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think I'd be incorrect in my assertion that Paul was refering to ALMS in Acts 20:35, therefore, at least in my opinion, it wouldn't be amiss to assume here that he was also referring to the many sayings of Jesus on that fundamental virtue.

Matthew 6:1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

10. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Papa info,

You've been telling the truth for years. Keep doing whatcha doing. Somebody is listening.