Black People Politics : Did Isreal Attack Isreal because of Obama?

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by OnTyme, Jan 2, 2009.

1. OnTyme

OnTyme Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Greeting fellow Black people, and Happy New Years to all. I wish you peace, prosperity, and strength to deal with the upcoming new years, in all the triumphs and set backs we all will face. I am a very busy person, and wanted to post more often and couldn't, as a poor student, times are tough right now. that being said my point...

As I am sure you all know a great massacre is happening in Pakistan, with 400 dead, and over 800 wounded and an oppressive regime reminiscent of apartheid in South Africa, it is heart breaking to see.

What puzzled me in all this was why did Israel strike now? There are two theories as to why they chose now to strike, and both leave me startled. I am not an anti-Semite at all, but I am extremely disappointed in Israel, and the position they may put our new President.
    The excuse that Israel of course is using is that Hamas (the ruling party) in Palestine broke the cease fire brokered by Egypt. Of course we know this is a lie because they have both broken the cease fire only days after the cease fire, was signed. Timing is everything...:), and the timing of these attacks are very very odd...and extremely coincidental giving that Obama is to be the acting President very shortly.

Theory Number one:
    Polls in Israel are showing that the left leaning party in power now will lose the upcoming election on February 10th, 2009.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20081227/NEWS-US-PALESTINIANS-ISRAEL-VIOLENCE/
    Theory Number 2:

According to a Bush adminstrator and I quote from the Washington Post:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/27/AR2008122700962.html?hpid=topnews

It is clear that Israel is trying to provoke Iran and Syria into all out war, before Obama is the next president. It is clear Obama want diplomatic resolution with Iran, and Israel does not.

I pity Obama, he has 2 wars and a crumbling economy, and these white people will jump all over him should he ignore Israel's plight if they are attacked by any middle eastern country.

What say you all?

2. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    I say that bush needs to get off Israels' jock strap. He's been riding it for some time now.

3. OnTyme

Ratings:
    +5

America is riding Israel's jock strap, 3 billion a year in aid to Israel to buy weapons. But slavery in Darfour hands off.

The hypocrisy of our government is stifling. I wonder though do you think that Obama will be able to do things differently? I don't think he will, because Israel is an ally in that region, if they go to war then so do we.

This is a potentially dangerous situation...I hope that the other middle eastern countries in the region, do not allow Israel to provoke them into a fight.

4. lilpea

lilpea Moderator STAFF

United States
    retired
    Ratings:
    +343
    Greetings...

Well let me say this ..I first learn of this conflict back in 59. And they have been going at it every since. To me Both parties are using the U.S. Each holding a hammer over this country in one way or another. As a means to destroy one another. When the U.S. stop backing Palestine...they did as all our so call Allies and went straight to Russia and brought Jets,tanks, personal movers... a case of your enemy is my friend...if the U.S. pulls away from Israel I believe that the same thing will happen. But who says that would be a bad thing not me. For once in this country history they just might have to admit they can no longer afford to police to world.

Lilpea :1on1:

5. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    The illusion of Israel and USA (and the UK) being separate entities has been widely accepted in the west. The illusion that the USA is out policing the world is widely accepted too - as to disagree would be unpatriotic and go against the deep American identity of being a courageous/righteous nation. :huh:

So no, 'so-called' Israel isn't bombing he heck out of the prison Gaza to "test" Obama. You'll find Obama's fingerprints on the trigger ;)

:heart:

6. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    To be honest with you, I've been watching the people that BO is placing all around him. I can say with just a bit of uncertainity that he will probably not do anything different.
    I mean, I'm still waiting on the "change" he campaigned on.

:pc: :pc: :pc:

7. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6

And that my Zulile is the DOUBLE TRUTH!

8. OnTyme

Ratings:
    +5
    you honestly could be 100% right but if that is the case...

then why is it that Obama is still not trusted by Israel, according to GWB's own administration? Obama has said very little on the situation stating that there is one president at a time. I have little doubt that yes he may be dragged into the fray, but I see it more of a set-up then him actually having his finger on the trigger.

Israel, played him. They know he is centered on domestic policy, they know he wants to deal with the economy, and I honestly don't think Obama, would be so silly as to want another war to add to the 2 we already are spending trillions of dollars on. They also know that he said it again and again that he wants diplomatic dealings and economic sanctions to deal with Iran, rather than conflict. Put it this way, if John McCain had won the election, I absolutely believe that Israel would not be so gung-ho about starting a war less than a month before Obama became president. Why? because they know that John McCain is shoot first and ask questions later.

If Syria, and Iran, keep out of the conflict between Israel and Palestine, Israel will have failed in the agenda of involving the US. I hope at least...

Palestine has nothing to threaten the US...their rockets might as well be fire ********.

9. OnTyme

Ratings:
    +5
    Well, I don't think he can change water into wine. What is sad, is that finally a black president, and what does he get? a land ruined and tattered by the previous administration. I noticed a real "change" in his campaigning style after the bailout. It was then when he realized the extent of the damage on the economy...I honestly think a lot of people from clinton administration, because of the economy...

I also think that he picked a lot of republicans because he needs two terms to do anything at all. it will take him at least 2-3 years to get the economy out of the mess, and whole other term for health care, education, and all of the other things that he promised.

I hope he doesn't disappoint me in the end though...he may, he is human after all.

10. Steve69

Steve69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Can’t say I know much about this, but find it a little funny.

The Palestine’s really think that they can sit back and fire rockets into Israel day after day and that country is just suppose to accept it.
    Would anybody accept that?
    Then they complain when Israel responds with more force.
    Like if someone keeps on and on hitting a pit bull with a stick then complains when it bites.
    They do not want peace they then would not have anything to live for.