Black Men : Did I Do the Right Thing?

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
One day I found myself caught between a rock and a hard place and I had to think quickly.

I was in a bank desiring to go to an office on one of th eupper floors but i could not find a way up. A brother walked by and I asked him to help me which he agreed to do. Right then a white lady came up smiling nervously like they do. You know how they do. she asked me if I needed help. I immediately realized that I was in a sensiive situation. I could not go with the white woman and leave the brother standing there feeling useless and obsolete as so many Black men do. Nor could I just dis the white woman. I would go home. It was the brother who worked there and would have to deal with the retaliation. I just stood thee like everything is everything and said oh no I'm fine. I waited for the white woman to leave and when I was sure she was gone I went with the brother.

One day I found myself caught between a rock and a hard place and I had to think quickly.

I was in a bank desiring to go to an office on one of th eupper floors but i could not find a way up. A brother walked by and I asked him to help me which he agreed to do. Right then a white lady came up smiling nervously like they do. You know how they do. she asked me if I needed help. I immediately realized that I was in a sensiive situation. I could not go with the white woman and leave the brother standing there feeling useless and obsolete as so many Black men do. Nor could I just dis the white woman. I would go home. It was the brother who worked there and would have to deal with the retaliation. I just stood thee like everything is everything and said oh no I'm fine. I waited for the white woman to leave and when I was sure she was gone I went with the brother.

This doesn't really seem like a dilemma. Two people tried to help you. Seems like a good day to me.

Or, you could have explained the situation and then stated that the gentleman was helping you. Thereby acknowledging her and giving the brother brownie points

:em0200:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back