Black Relationships : Did I do the right thing?

DayDream

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 3, 2003
Hey guys, I have a question...situation...whatever! I have been in a relationship for the past two years and after about a year of debating, I've decided to end it. We are always arguing about foolish things like me not picking up the phone on the 11th time she calls me when we spoke for like 30-45 minutes the first 10 times she called. Not because I don't want to talk to her but because I am busy. She also has a serious problem with me being with my best friend (female). I can understand that because at one point she (best friend) and I were a couple. That didn't work out and we (best friend and I) decided to just be friends. HOWEVER, whenever I am with her (best friend), she (girlfriend) goes ballistic even after I assure and reassure her that nothing is going on between us. She expects me to be on the phone with her for the majority of the day. I work full time and go to school full time. That is not possible! When I try to explain that to her, she automatically thinks that I am cheating. These are not all of the problems that we have, just the most frequent. I broke this relationship off because I don't want us to get to the point where we are like "i hate you, don't ever call me again!" and that is where I see us headed. But it hurts like hell. I love her, a lot but I just don't see this relationship getting any better. I am very unhappy. I feel like I can' t be myself with her. I can't share my world with her, the things that I like to do for fear that she will think that I am cheating when she's not around. Oh, we live in different states. No big deal just NY and NJ, train ride. I do love her but I just can't see this relationship being a success for us. What do you think? :confused:

Help!
DayDream

to start i feel your point and i understand her's as well
most of the time we can't accept the facts of a ex- friend
being so close and nothing will happen or feeling don't flair
up but the display she making and it seem as if you are trap
in a corner i say go with the inner feeling of self do what's best
for you to be happy in life ...i can't judge or say if it was right
or wrong to break it off but it's all about you and your emotions the heart and what you feel
yes you did the best thing for your self and future .........
even if it hurt due to how you may feel for your mate
sometime we do what's best for self as you did
i feel you on this it seem to be the right thing to do.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back