Black People : Did Hillary dismiss Dr. King's Role

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Did Hillary dismiss Dr. King's Role ?

:heart:

Destee

2. PLATINUMILLITY1

PLATINUMILLITY1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
    Ratings:
    +38
    Can I just say wow......wowowowowowowooooo O Wow
    This will be a light in the face for those who say Hilary could ever be better for this presidency. I have to say that my heart is still where it was before this Video, but I appreaciate you posting it up Destee...Much love..I also watch the Brother who spoke....Randall Robinson he had something to contribute for serious!

I also watched the one with her gaining some votes by being scared of the Black man(If that was fear)

~Bless Mother Sister Destee~

3. King Tubbs

King Tubbs Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +272
    "Did Hillary dismiss Dr. King's Role ?"

In my opinion no, she didnt.

It was Dr King's dream that inspired LBJ to take the necessary steps to pass the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

All shes saying in plain English is, its ok to have a dream but when push comes to shove, you need somebody in government like a president to actually make it true.

I saw this fiercely debated on another black website but to be honest I cant see whats the fuss about, its not the first time in this campaign she said this, although you can debate the ultimate success or failure of the Civil Rights Act, I think looking back 40 years later it failed miserably, theres no denying it wouldn't have gone anywhere if the president didn't sign it.

4. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I think she actually was speaking of the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

In this context, I doubt that if it "failed miserably" that Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Shirley Chisholm, Lenora Fulani or Barack Obama would have been on any ballots let alone considered a frontrunner in any senatorial or presidential campaign.

5. PLATINUMILLITY1

Ratings:
    +38
    Justify the person....smh

May I just Make another imput.....Why after so long......If it was a dream before he Spoke of it....and peace...has some what come about....Is It Still Dr. Kings DREAM...why not his vision....now I mean....why not his Deja Vu or something
    Am I Okay to believe that have not only Caucasians put him to rest as the Black Speaker with a dream(ha!) Dr. something....But We The People who need strive for the Dream most of All?
    Do we refer to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s Hope for u as lost....irrelevant....ignorant......empty.....false hoped......(I am trying to get it all)......Or now that he is gone and we can at least use the same restrooms, that what he DID did not matter....Has a no respect factor.....?

Also...Who has been out in jail for standing up for themselves(with the face of innocence)

Oh....a Black Man who is not president is false hoped because no one will listen until the president Will........No one will fight or care until a respected racial figure has made an objective statement....

Yeah she was wrong...and if ya can read body language....LOOK at her when he first begins to address the statement...LOOK at her when she says Dr. Kings_________....LOOK and feel her presence when she begins to fact out the presidents LyndonBJ's passing of the act

And why......is all of this brought up JUST BECAUSE the Black Man decides to Stand Up
    We can have that without mentioning what the Other Blacks did for him
    Thats recognition????
    I can't wait to see what happens on Black History Month(as if there is one)

~Bless~

<-QQn->

6. Africana

Africana Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +9
    IMO, YES she did. The way she said it she just basically wrote off King's and those millions of blacks who helped get us to the little place we are today by saying basically nothing would have mattered unless Lyndon B. Johnson hadn't have signed a document that he didn't write up anyway. Kennedy did the paperwork and was shot, the only thing that Johnson did was write a signature. Even so, she belittled the cause and it just turned me off of her even more than I already am. She's cold and only thinks of herself and women. I don't want a WOMAN for president. I want the best person for the job. I could care if it's a man, woman, unisex, just as long as their ideals met with the average joe in this country.

7. Prizmm

Prizmm Well-Known Member MEMBER

Becoming Universal
    Ratings:
    +22
    :spinn: Fannie Lou Hamer, Robert Williams, Fred Hampton, Malcolm X. Julian Bond, Kwame Ture, H. Rap Brown, and on, and on,; how effectively and surreptitiosly the supremacist have managed us. We forget from whence we came.

As a twelve year old I used to fight with the white boys that I played bball, or baseball with, especially when they suggested to me that Dr. King (my leader) says that I should "turn the other cheek", only me, not them because of course he wasnt' talking to them. Today they use him against us as much as for themselves. They despised Bro. King, his words meant nothing to them until they realized that we could be manipulated with them. Now look at us today! In the world I lived in they heard the message just like I did, and not one felt his words applied to them. The time and energy being wasted discussing whether Dr. King made civil rights happen is foolish. think about it...Fred Hampton said that "politics is war without bloodshed, and that war is politics with bloodshed" the crux is that we are at war.

Any person that can further our goals anyone that can assist us in our struggle against spiritual, economic and political imperialism (white supremacy) is an asset. Let see it in the proper light and get back to the issues that are most important in this election. Remember the now emascualted and gutted supreme court was at one time in alignment, with proper action (althought limited) that is the golden egg, and Obama, Hillary, or Edwards need to assure us that they will take aim at the conundrm.

8. mazimtaim

mazimtaim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +50
    Hillary's comment

Most of you know this so well, you could recite it backwards. But it is why I think she is wrong. And it is why I think she did dismiss the efforts of the civil rights movement. The truth is that if "Whites" had not passed legislation, we would have torn this country apart. Democracy would not have existed.

The whole history of progress of human liberty
    Shows that all concessions
    Yet made to her august claims
    Have been born of earnest struggle.
    If there is no struggle
    There is no progress.

Those who profess to favor freedom,
    And yet deprecate agitation,
    Are men [and women] who want crops
    Without plowing up the ground,
    They want rain
    Without thunder and lightning.
    They want the ocean
    Without the awful roar of its waters.
    This struggle may be a moral one;
    Or it may be a physical one;
    Or it may be both moral and physical;
    But it must be a struggle.
    Power concedes nothing without a demand.
    It never did, and it never will.
    Find out just what any people
    Will quietly submit to
    And you have found the exact measure
    Of injustice and wrong
    Which will be imposed upon them,
    And these will continue till they are resisted. . .
    The limits. . . are prescribed
    By the endurance
    Of those whom. . [are] oppress[ed].

Men [and Women] may not get all they pay for
    in this world, but they pay for all they get.
    If we ever get free
    from the oppressions and wrong heaped on us,
    we must pay for their removal.
    We must do this
    by labor,
    by suffering,
    by sacrifice,
    and if needs be
    by our lives and the lives of others

Frederick Douglass

9. PLATINUMILLITY1

Ratings:
    +38
    ~AMEN~
    ~BLESS~
    Brother Prizmm
    And Sister(?) Mazimtaim
    Many fail to open their eyes and minds
    But only by attempting to...

My own quote:)D)
    Copyright 2008

10. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Well you know how Hillary is....

She didn't complain about all those tons of Cocaine her husband comandeered in Mena when he was DA (Daniel Hopsicker, Barry and the Boys) so much blow tha they had to find a cheap way of distributing it so they(Bush senior) created Crack,
    or the number of DEA agents that wound up dead when investigatig this,
    so sure this is an election year
    , when she wants to appeal to racists she will say this
    and when she wants to appeal to liberals she'll say that