Black People : Did anyone watch this on the History Channel?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by NNQueen, Apr 14, 2006.

1. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    The 10 Days that Unexpectedly Changed America. As if Africans don't know all too well the evil that white men do, the episode about the May 26, 1637 massacre of the Pequot (Indian) tribe is yet another example.

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2715568?htv=12

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    I didn't see it , but well aware of the massacre on this tribe.
    It shows how devilishly whites are in this land of america against
    any group outside the whites . they want total control on the world !

3. uplift19

uplift19 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    I did happen to catch the tail end of this as it was going off. I like how they tried to make it seem like "cultural understanding" could have prevented what they did.

4. SpiritualONE

SpiritualONE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +48

I saw some of it and shook my head in disgust because these liars (masquerading as historians) are really trying to blame the pequots for their own slaughter.

5. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,122
    I saw that. Massacres, biological warfare, so much for the land of the free and the home of the brave. They made up reasons to go to war, just as bushboy is doing now

6. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,122
    The next Episode

I also saw on the next episode that McKinley got shot because they just ASSumed the brother was going to do wrong. Racial profiling, even back then

7. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    It happens all the time, just as they blamed the Mayans for "wiping themselves out".

8. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Does it make you wonder?

Relative to the Pequot Tribe, the question that came to mind was why haven't Africans in America been able to adopt a similar sense of survival? From a tribe of thousands reduced to all of three elderly women, they were physically and culturally extinct. Either slaughtered, death by euro-viruses, sold into slavery to other tribes, or removed from their land in what is now known as Connecticut to across the Atlantic to British colonies as slaves...British settlers, because of their greed and own paranoia, literally destroyed this indigenous population. And it was this massacre that sparked the white man's intent to kill and/or control all tribal nations and seize their land across the U.S. Yet, because three elderly women refused to give up and remained on the land the gov't confined them to, almost 400 years later, they are a thriving nation with their culture remaining intact. Now I realize our circumstance as Africans was different, especially in terms of how we weren't allowed to congregate with people of the same tribe when we were enslaved, but I still can't help but wonder why we couldn't (can't) pull ourselves together in a similar fashion as this indigenous group. Am I over simplifying a much more complex issue?

9. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Thanks Sister for providing such an infromative link;)

@NNQueen, I believe our lack of forming a mass united front against oppositional forces in comparison with those Indian tribes, lies mainly in the fact that; we unlike them as a collective group were stripped of ANY type of identity, enslaved(generationally), and taken amongst our enemies in a froeign land. If that is not the grand scheme of de-humanizing a people, I don't know what is. These three facts alone are why we may lag as a group. The WM is not so much seeking to destroy the Red man anymore. Keep in mind the daily psychological abuse we endure. It's nothing short of a miracle that we held down the fort as long as we have. Thank goodness we haven't been decimated to just "three tribal women". Remember the WM aim and purpose was to kill off the Red man on his land JUST to enslave the Black man in North AMerica and abroad. Call me crazy if you want to, but I think the Red mans, and later, the Brown mans hostility towards Blacks stemmed from their anger at us for even existing. Existing as the WM enemy. They figure: "If there was no Blackman, the whiteman would not have had a real reason to exterminate us in the first place!!". Sure the WM stole their land, raped, mutilated, and treated them as sub-humans. This scenario is comparable to a whole class of children getting in trouble because one classmate misbehaved...now they all suffer, and blame that one student. This is misdirected anger/hate......at its pinnacle, sadly. And the cycle of minority/minority hate spurs on.

10. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Not a good choice of font colors...*smile*

Sister Spicy, I decided to re-post your comments here because that color you used for your font gave me eye-strain :cry: Hope you don't mind... :)

Queenie :heart: