Black Entertainment : Did anyone Watch the Vibe Awards?

the vibe awards is nothing but a scathing commentary that comments on how the media has funneled the black youth into acting like fools. back in the day when we had nwa, easy-e, too-short and the ghetto boys, were young blacks acting like this in the media? no...ish is getting progressively worse when it comes to the artform of two turn-tables and a mic...i wanted to earl watching that show the other night...and your right kente...nelly is str8 garbage...but a thug he is not...you can't be a thug arch'n your eyebrows :lol:....smh
one love
khasm

1hotvirgowoman said:
Kente, what kind of Music do you listen to, For reals?

Believe me, I would not lie just to make a point. I don't listen to rap. I listen to music that doesn't glorify our destruction. I stopped doing that a long time ago. I listen to these artist: Meshell N'degeocello, Lenny Kravitz, Maxwell, Dead Prez, Norah Jones, Rashaan Patterson, Lalah Hathaway, Erykah Badu, Cassandra Wilson, Roy Hargrove (R.H. Factor), D'angelo, Bilal, Bob Marley and some other ones. I'm very picky about what I buy and what I support. Hey, it's a free country. People will listen to what they want to listen to. I'm not saying that anyone should force themselves to stop listening to what they like. It's just funny that black people are so willing to listen to music that is making fun of their own race.

Khasm...yeah, Nelly's a joke. Arching eyebrows and sitting in a make-up chair for hours before a video. A real thug. Yeah, that's HOT........ :lol:

kente417mojo said:
I listen to SOME R&B, jazz and hip hop...not rap. Rap is crap. Would Nelly be as cute without the platinum teeth, sagging pants and all that ice??? Would he be cute if he didn't walk around like a straight thug? My point exactly. Black people got it all twisted.

Please! All that Bling-Bling and saggin' pants don't impress me at all!!!.Yes, I would still think he was cute, even if he was a homeless man pushin' a cart,I'd be like,'He's a bum but, he's cute as hell'.....

Soo, you listen to R&B huhn? well, what do most R&B and Hip Hop songs talk about? They talk about sex, and numerous other things that are of no importance. You mean to tell me that if you hear a song with a tight beat but contained garbage for lyrics, that you would not listen to it? Kente, be truthful now.

Nelly could be covered in :poop: and I'd still think he was Hot!

Khasm13 said:
the vibe awards is nothing but a scathing commentary that comments on how the media has funneled the black youth into acting like fools. back in the day when we had nwa, easy-e, too-short and the ghetto boys, were young blacks acting like this in the media? no...ish is getting progressively worse when it comes to the artform of two turn-tables and a mic...i wanted to earl watching that show the other night...and your right kente...nelly is str8 garbage...but a thug he is not...you can't be a thug arch'n your eyebrows :lol:....smh
one love
khasm

:jawdrop: Ooo,Somebody hold me back!!!! I'll have you know that his eyebrows are NATURALLY arched!!!Thank You!, naw,lol Khasm

kente417mojo said:
Believe me, I would not lie just to make a point. I don't listen to rap. I listen to music that doesn't glorify our destruction. I stopped doing that a long time ago. I listen to these artist: Meshell N'degeocello, Lenny Kravitz, Maxwell, Dead Prez, Norah Jones, Rashaan Patterson, Lalah Hathaway, Erykah Badu, Cassandra Wilson, Roy Hargrove (R.H. Factor), D'angelo, Bilal, Bob Marley and some other ones. I'm very picky about what I buy and what I support. Hey, it's a free country. People will listen to what they want to listen to. I'm not saying that anyone should force themselves to stop listening to what they like. It's just funny that black people are so willing to listen to music that is making fun of their own race.

Khasm...yeah, Nelly's a joke. Arching eyebrows and sitting in a make-up chair for hours before a video. A real thug. Yeah, that's HOT........ :lol:

Kente, I listen to most of those artists that you have on 'that there' list' too, but I also like a lil' Bone'Crusha' and D.J. Quick to complete my collection. I also like Disco Music and Alternative Rock,does that make me Freak? What I listen to don't define me as an individual. Sadly, some people base that on a persons character and that ain't right.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back