Black Entertainment : Did anyone Watch the Vibe Awards?

kente417mojo said:
James, just realize that younger black people and most other races that are into hip hop don't see the damage that something like this does to black people. They just see it as funny and entertaining. They don't think about what's really going on. They don't see that these rappers are big jokes and they get paid big bucks to dance around for the white man and make him laugh and point. Everytime we black folks act up the world is looking and saying "See how they act even though they're rich". We glorify these clowns and make them larger than life and they unfortunately represent black people on television. Black people are cool with anything as long as we can shake our @ss to it.

Kente, I agree with you to a point. Not ALL young people are "young, dumb and full of **m"(I know that these are not your exact words Kente). I don't think that it is entertaining @ all! Like I said earlier in the thread, it just makes me ashamed. I donnot find behavior like that funny, uhn uhn!.Nor do I glorify these silly Human Beings!. I even hate the image that they(most Rappers) portray!.So for you to say what you said about "Young Kids Today" kind of struck a nerve.It is fair to say MOST youngtsers today, but not ALL.

it was the worse award show to me ever all the fighting /stabbing
chidlish display folks leaving what has our so call artist has come to
seem like a gang war ...yes we will see what happen to BUCK !

i won't peep in on another one like this no more a waste of time .

1hotvirgowoman said:
So for you to say what you said about "Young Kids Today" kind of struck a nerve.It is fair to say MOST youngtsers today, but not ALL.

What I'm saying is that kids don't take it seriously. You guys are talking about how cute T.I. and Nelly are. They are two of the most over-hyped, stereotypical, self-hating rappers in the game...and they appeal to you guys. Plain and simple. Let's just be honest and real about it. My brother loves rap. I talk to him while he watches BET and he sits there and agrees with everthing I say to him. I point out what's going on and he sees it. Does he still choose to watch BET and support these morons by playing their music...yes. Does he tune in day after day after day...yes. He chooses the entertainment rather than ban it from his life even when he knows it's garbage and hurtful to black folks. People sit here and talk this and that about being stereotyped but they still buy these cd's, watch these videos and awards and support the poison. Maybe you don't, but I would put money on it that MOST young black people do not see the problem or don't care about the problem. If they have to give up their precious rap music then it's not worth fighting for.

1hotvirgowoman said:
James, what do you mean by "crunked"?...... Would you care to elaborate on what you said please?
it's a usage that i have created.
it is the phenomena where the youth are actually brainwashed by the rhythms and will accept anything as long as they can shake to it.
it's like a cult thing.

i know young people who can not even listen to instrumental music at all.
they have lost their heritage and their culture all on the alter of shake that booty.
they have been taught that thugs and gangsters are role models.
girls have been taught that their man will be going to prison.

they have been crunked! :skillet:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back