Black Spirituality Religion : Did Abraham worship the Egyptian God Aten?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by ru2religious, Feb 3, 2011.

1. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    Absolutely!!!

Short but to the point - I was reading the book of Jasher not to long ago because I was looking for something different until I was reminded about a very simple point that was made in the book and here's what it reads:

Jasher 16:11-12 # And Adonizedek king of Jerusalem, the same was Shem, went out with his men to meet Abram and his people, with bread and wine, and they remained together in the valley of Melech.

And Adonizedek blessed Abram, and Abram gave him a tenth from all that he had brought from the spoil of his enemies, for Adonizedek was a priest before God.

I was just in a different thread and we mentioned the order of Melchizedek - but his real name was Adonizedek - as you know that is just a title - but his name was actually Shem which means he had a father and mother. What? The son of Noah whom according to the scriptures of Jasher was Abraham Great Grandfather aka Shem (chapter 9).

Shem was Melchizedek but why do they use the name Adon? Aton is another name for Aten. The Hebrew 'd' is the same and is interchangeable with the Egyptian 't'. Example would be King David/Dawud. Because the Hebrews didn't use vowels the name David/Dawud would have been written 'DwD' which is in Egypt it would have been written 'TwT' The name of Thoth the Moon deity.

Back to the word Adon -i-zedek - the word A[d]on in Egypt by turning the 'd' into 't' would have been Aton. Thus the name Adonizedek becomes Aton-i-zedek or Aten-i-zedek which is to say 'Aten the Righteous' or even more realistically Atem -i - zedek (Atem/Atum The Righteous). Remember that this name is just a title - but the name of the person behind the title according to the Jasher was Shem - the son of Noah and remember according to the book of Jasher - Abraham went and studied under Noah and Shem at the age of 10 and studied with them for 39 years making him 49 years old.

Shem is also 'Sem' which is a priesthood in ancient Kemet. It is not some whole tribe outside of Africa but a ancient nation within and around modern day africa.

Abraham brought tithing to Melchizedek and Atemizedek blessed him. Jesus is after the same order as Melchizedek according the bible so he had to be after the order of Atem or Aten. Have you ever noticed that he never named Yahweh/Jehovah by name in the New Testament but he did mention the god Amen by name (Revelation 3:14) and he also verified that he was from the Annu people of ancient Egypt ...

Nye

Ru2religious

2. ru2religious

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    P.S. - MY KEYBOARD IS REALLY MESSED UP ON THIS COMPUTER - SO THERE WILL BE TYPOS IN MY WRITINGS - I DO APOLOGIZE FOR THAT -

NYE

RU2RELIGIOUS

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I already have argued that there was no single historical character named "Abraham" so I cannot argue in the affirmative to your question.

However, there most definity was a priesthood in Kemet and throughout the so-called middle east who formed a CASTE that were known by some as BRAHMAN that most definitly worshipped the Aten in the form of Atem, Atum, Aten, later known as Adonai.

I will also add that the name David or Dawud to most Ethiopians today is spelled and pronounced with the 't' as in Dawit which supports your statements in this regards.

Peace!

4. ru2religious

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    bump^^^