Black Short Stories : Diary Of The Preachers Wife

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by Ireadastory, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Ireadastory

Ireadastory Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    December 24, 2003

“See that’s the problem now, we have no communication! Well, at least I can say I tried to talk to you” That was my last comment as I walked away from my husband out of our bedroom and into the bathroom. I did not have the energy to argue nor did I want to I was emotionally drained. It had been a long week for me. I was on vacation for the Christmas holiday and I was really looking forward to Christmas this year. This was the first year in two years that we had bought a tree and presents for everyone. This was our daughters first real Christmas so most of the gifts were hers. Everything was going fine up until Christmas Eve, that’s when my husband started getting his habits on, that’s what I call his moodiness. We were preparing to go over to his aunt’s house, as we do every year, and every year, just like every day, I never get in a hurry to do anything and because of my slow pace that irritates Darrell. I don’t quite understand what the big rush was about because we were still the first ones to arrive. Darrell had his habits turned on overdrive before we left our house and being the woman that I am, the woman that has not learned to shut up and walk away he was on my last good nerve.

“Hey Aunnie, Merry Christmas! Will you fix me a drink please? I need one to calm my nerves; your nephew is on my last good nerve. “Not the preacher wanting a drink” she said in amusement “ I will fix you something light”. It always amazes me to here the surprise in another persons voice whenever a preacher wants to do something that seems out of the norm from what everyone else thinks we are suppose to be doing or acting. Some people fail to realize that we are human. One of my biggest statements in all my sermons is that; I have to include myself in what I am saying because I am no better than any of you. This message was for me first before I could share it with you. I do wish that more people would hear me when I say that.

To Be Continued...

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    nice story do bring the rest so we know what happens next

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner