Black People : DIABETES AND IT'S TERRIBLE TOLL

omowalejabali said:
Let me be clear about something. I recently have been diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic AND I am taking atenalol for HBP. So I have my issues..Yesterday I had a shrimp po'boy AND a corned beef sandwich..amazingly I did not faint or catch a stroke..but my glucosee reading has gone from 154 to 193 to 186 in the past week...so I am not the best source of information...I know what I am supposed to do but at times the flesh is weak so I empathize with your "binging"..all that you mentioned prior to the roast beef is PASTE then you added the beef on top of that...problem:how long will it take for the meat to digest and go through your colon while making its way through the paste....folks say that the sugar you consume is not the problem but I beg to differ..it is the sugar contained in the pasta/bread/cake,etc which turns into sugar and can increase INSULIN RESISTENCE...which can lead to diabetes...and speaking of coughing and sneezing...those same cakes and processed snack foods...such as chocolate candy products...just look at the ingredients...most are made of egg, milk, etc...that is to say, dairy...try eliminating cheese completely for a few weeks and see if you notice any weight loss, reduction in mucus and/or allergic symptoms..as far as the apple sauce...i eat the Mott's natural with no sugar added...i also bought a blender and a juicer to make my own natural "smoothies"...and have developed a liking to cranberry juice...which aids in metabolic functions and flushing the colon..

No wonder why they give Cranberry Juice for Communion in churches.

Actually, the mucus is clearing out, and I stopped eating cheese a while ago. I have not eaten cake in a few, I drink AT LEAST 1 gallon of water a day, and that is because I usually get in the habit of drinking it excessively, and I live in the bathroom! LOL! Also, you mentioned to stop eating that what Isaiah calls "garbage" and see what happenbs - already, I got my voice back, and I slept exceptionally well, and it has only been a day or two! But then I try to keep my mind off of trying to EAT something ALL the time. However, I learned from a spiritual perspective that one of the reasons people end up with eating disorders, is because they eat when they are not hungry, and they do not eat when they are hungry. In other words, there is a failure of communication when the stomach is hungry, and is not fed, let alone not fed the right ingredients. I cut down on the Candy bars, because they contribute to (help me here) hypoglycemia. However, according to Dictionary.com, they say hypoglycemia is "An abnormally low level of glucose in the blood." I thought GLUE did not belong in the blood? Or are we talking about another form on GLUE-COAST?

CD

omowalejabali said:
My Brother,
What a Powerful Statement!
May GOD Bless You and Your Posterity as well!

Hotep!
Omowale.

Brother O, thank you too, for being so forthcoming and passing along your wisdom on this subject... I gotta admit that your piece on glucides and glucose had me smiling to know a brother can break it down so well(smile!) Thanks for that, man...

Brother Ced, live your llife, have fun, and remember SOME of what has been said here, because I can tell you from personal experience, just listening to some of the info passed along by my moms, who had diabetes herself, has been most beneficial to me... I laugh when I think about her, because she used to try and get slick with me, and my siblings... She'd bake a few cakes, and tell us she'd baked 'em for us... Meanwhile, she's pinchin' and pinchin' and pinchin', and we can't wake her up, ya dig???(smile!) After awhile, I'd wait a day or so, and take the cake to work, and feed it to my friends, and throw the rest down the chute, yo...(smile!) I wasn't going to let what she told me go in vain... I'd go mad months - even years - without messin' with no cake, then I'd binge on some donuts, or something, and come to my senses, and stop for months... All of that resistance is based on what moms told me about trying eat better...

Peace!
Isaiah

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back