Black People : DIABETES AND IT'S TERRIBLE TOLL

Dual Karnayn said:
Cedric

Funny you should bring that up.

This little chinese health practicioner I've been going to since my accident told me the EXACT same thing.

He said everything I drink should be at room temperature.

Problem is everything at room temperature is almost intolerable for me to swallow down and I feel like spitting it out like "luke warm water " in that parable Jesus allegedly gave.

He also told me not to drink milk or eat certain foods because my body easily stores calcium.

What's up, brother Dual!

Actually, drinking water at most any temp it is going to be healthy for us, as long as the water is drinkable(not too hot, or filled with poisons), so the practioner is giving out standard advice... No one has proven to me that drinking ice cold water produces enough of a shock to the body that it is detrimental to the health...

Brother O, and OnTheWay are correct as well... Natural sugars are easily absorbed and processed as energy by an operable pancreas... If you don't yet have diabetes, you should not be concerned about sugars - particularly the natural variety... Again, little brother, it is not the sugars that will give you diabetes anyway, so why would you be so concerned???

The garbage, the processed flours, White Rice, cheeses, sausages with all those polyunsaturated fats, man... Check those, eat right, drink right, exercise, and do some meditation and reading, and thinking good health, life-sustataining thoughts, and you'll be straight... You are too young to get all hung up on not getting diabetes Cedric... Live your life, man... Worry too much about diabetes, and you wind up with cancer(smile!) I'm serious, brother... How we THINK is just as essential to good health as how we eat, black man... The mind and body are ONE... Remember that....

Peace!
Isaiah

omowalejabali said:
I noticed a few things to comment on...I understand the concern with fish so maybe it would be best to find a local Carniceria or Fish Market and buy it fresh...Fish is probably the best "meat" to consume because it contains high levels of protein and assists in lowering the blood pressure....but again, that depends on your blood type...for example, snapper is preferable to catfish which is a scavenger and can contain neuro-toxins..Fish oil can be taken as a supplement to aid in lowering cholesterol...Fish is better than chicken because it contains more water, and is easily digestible...do like the Muslims and cultivate a taste for whiting..almonds are preferable to cashews (even though I like cashews more)...and should be unsalted...Premium ********...made of white refined flour even though I occasionally eat them with home cooked gumbo...brother Isaiah spoke of how certain foods/breads/pasta turn into glue so think about glucose as being GLUE and pasta as "PASTE"..Lol! The less glue and paste you consume the freer you blood flows without clogged arteries...canned fruit...sugar and sodium...if you must...rinse thoroughly with SPRING water...I have started just buying fresh fruit and some fruit such as apple sauce and pineapple in the plastic containers..small portions already prepared...donuts, honey buns, etc....along with cinammon rolls...my death food...LOL!...im laughing but crying at the same time:censored: because I am now monitoring my glucose level daily and must leave the sweet rolls and rolls alone along with my favorite two foods...fried chicken and pizza...suggestion....any canned or packaged foods...check the sodium sugar and TRANS FAT levels..and if you must, again, eat with moderation..

Brother O, that was beautifully put... Glue and Paste! That's what the processed foods represent...

Ced, I cannot say it better than brother O has here... Remember, that when we talk about "PROCESSED FOODS", youngblood, we are talking about CANNED GOODS, as well... Frozen Vegetables are more preferrable to canned goods, which have sodiums and other preservatives as you mentioned...

Think abou those canned fruit... Does the nectar of a fresh, live fruit, look like that goo spilling outta that can??? Is it sweet off-da-hook, or what??? It's had sugar added to it, that's why??? Of course its' dangerous, particularly to someone who's already diabetic...

You know, Ced, I eat a lot of soups these days, brother, and they're so delicious... I get my corn, carrrots, green beans, broccoli, spinach, peppers of all colors, tomatoes, okra, and potatoes, and seasonings, and I get mad creative... It is tantamount to doing a gumbo, but without all of the meats, and its still wonderful... You don't feel crazy full... When you go to the bathroom, the procedure is so quick and painless, you aint got time to read nothing but the scott's label, and you outta there...

This pays off later in your life, the body's ability to easily process and dispose of wastes... Your vital organs aren't all burned out with the constant revving up the motor, engine, carbueretor, and the gear box...(smile!) Think about it, brother, our bodies are machines... Take care of the machine by feeding it what it needs, and it will take care of you... Also, excercise it, mr QB/Point Guard...(smile!)

PEACE!
iSAIAH

If yall knew how many close people I lost in my family to the COMPLICATIONS of diabetes, you'd shake your head.
The health-care when it comes to this disease is a joke.

Sometimes I think if they had just stayed the hell away from these doctors and thier destructive medications, they's still be alive today.

Lifting weights is the most theraputic exercise for those with diabetes because it's "anaerobic" and burns up excess glucose in the system.

Isaiah

Actually, drinking water at most any temp it is going to be healthy for us, as long as the water is drinkable(not too hot, or filled with poisons), so the practioner is giving out standard advice... No one has proven to me that drinking ice cold water produces enough of a shock to the body that it is detrimental to the health...
I never had any bad experienced drinking cold water.

But when I used to lift weights this cavie told me that the best feeling in life is to relax in the hot-tub and immediately take a cold shower afterwards.
He was serious about it because that's what he and his friends did after each workout. So I tried the same thing one morning.

Said like Richard Pryor: As soon as that cold water hit my ***...

....my lungs were locked for a good minute or two.

I was so paralyzed I couldn't even turn the water off; I fell back OUT of the shower and eventually warmed up to the point I could move and crawl the fvck away.

((shakes head))

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back