Black People : DIABETES AND IT'S TERRIBLE TOLL

ontheway said:
brother omowale,
instead of dwelling on the intellectual stuff of what modern doctors say you can or cannt control, why dont you do this,

take no sugar, corn syrup, sweeteners, or white bread for 6 months then check your diagnosis again. i challenge you with all due respect...

Brother, yes, those things will, indeed, improve one's health, but they are AFTER THE FACT solutions... They are NOT CURATIVE of the disease... There is no known CURE for the disease, and for you to purport that there is one is ridiculous.. BTW, brother O is not dwelling on the negative to point those things out, he is pointing out some information which would put folks on the ALERT about the disease... Brother, if you are not a medical professional, why are you posturing as if you are one???(smile!) Come on, now, we got enough savants in our communities, who know how to solve all of our problems, and aint solved problem the first...

Peace!
Isaiah

Isaiah said:
Brother, is that why Minister Farrakhan developed Prostate Cancer, or brother Khalid died at like 50 of a massive heart attack - because of the preventative powers of The Messenger's teachings???

...they did all that because they didnt follow his preventetive powers.

brother, you know that diseses are living things, right? bacteria, virus etc.

how do they survive?...just like you and me... i.e they need food.

you cure ALL of them by starving them of the food they need. thats called fasting. also by starving them of paraticular foods for each one, like sugar in the case of diabets.
that simple.

ontheway said:
brother omowale,
instead of dwelling on the intellectual stuff of what modern doctors say you can or cannt control, why dont you do this,

take no sugar, corn syrup, sweeteners, or white bread for 6 months then check your diagnosis again. i challenge you with all due respect...

Rather than accept your words as a "challenge" I have already made changes in my diet and exercise routine that include what you suggest. As a Type A blood group I also much do without dairy and WHEAT bread because wheat contains a particular sugar which is difficult to digest. Taking "no sugar" basically means eating no carbohydrates and this may not work as I do need some source of carbs as "energy" to assist in burning fat. However, I keep no sugar or salt in my house, the only snack food present right now are fruit, vegetables and a few pretzels, which I bought because my daughter is visiting..

Over the past two years I have lowered my cholesterol from 196 to 176 and my triglycerides from 190 to 174, which is still high (normal 150). In three weeks of changing exercise pattern my glucose changed from 219 to 154 but the normal range is 70-105...I have gone the last two years without being diagnosed and have lowered these readings during the same period of time. My weakness is pizza and other pasta, and soda, which I am trying to ween myself from. I am quite familiar with "How to Eat to Live" and early adopted it instead of "Living to Eat."

Diabetes is, however, a disease that has afflicted almost every elderly member of my family on my father's side. An aunt died last summer who was in her ninety's while at the same time I just lost a cousin in his early forties who contracted pnuemonia due to diabetes-related symptoms..

omowalejabali said:
Brother Isaiah,

I think you just mentioned one lifestyle change that I have recently implemented which is having a positive effect. I am preparing my own meals more and only use olive oil, and NEVER fry any more meat.

Brother O, you've gotten instant positive results from that change as well???

Peace!
Isaiah

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back