going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
The problem was naming the movie Detroit. Lol

Good movie brothers should have left the white girls alone

Anyone that saw the previews would say otherwise.

No they should not have shot off that starter pistol in the middle of a riot at jumpy white people

MS234

Mar 1, 2010
Remember dude pulled the starter pistol to prove something to the white girls leave them white girls alone lol

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Remember dude pulled the starter pistol to prove something to the white girls leave them white girls alone lol

Yeah, girls, liquor, dope and testosterone never a good combo

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Honestly I've been so busy that along with a bunch of other movies, I didn't even know it existed. Some nitwit made a remark a day or so ago about "that Detroit movie having sucked and was racially troublesome" but I presumed he was talking about the vintage "Detroit 9000" movie filmed in 1973 which I really liked. I see the "Detroit" movie is in Redbox so I'll grab it tomorrow and see what all the hullabaloo is about. As far as Blacks making excuses for not seeing movies there is a thread here where some lost soul claimed that certain movies portraying Blacks in a negative light or movies starring so called low life Black men would be shunned by the party making said remark. Be that as it may I will have absolutely zero problems dropping my coins into the box if it helps any Black actor further himself financially or otherwise. Whole lotta White movies portraying Whites doing what racist whites usually do mostly to Blacks that have been lauded by fake bougie Negroes posturing and fronting to impress only GOD knows who. Many a house Negro has derailed Black actors careers in the name of fake Blackness like the NAACP did to the Black cast of Amos and Andy and walked off into the sunset while these same Black men who's pride they claimed to have rescued lifted not one manicured finger to assist them is seeking gainful employment in the entertainment industry GOD forbid. Another shameful moment in Black entertainment was in the movie "Traffic" when the Black drug dealer was making love to the White dope addict and Lord knows 25% of the moviegoers walked out but get this. More then half of them were Blacks. Go figure.

Detroit 9000

Enjoy.

www.dailymotion.com/video/x2rvfqv

I saw TRAFFIC in the burbs. All of "them" gasped at that scene. I tried to explain to an acquaintance that a junkie will do anything for that high. The look of shock on their faces was funny. When I said, you guys have been in denial for way too long. They tried to exclaim, they weren't use to and didn't know anyone like that. I told them to look up the data. 85% of all junkies and 90% of all drug users come from them. Again, they were shocked

Some black people only want to see happy uplifting black movies. Despite the fact that much of our story isn't happy

Consciousness Raising Online!

Destee Conference 1-866-4-DESTEE

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss:
Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart: