Black Entertainment : DETROIT: THE MOVIE

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Though it could be argued that this movie could have better by an X thinking Spike Lee. That argument wouldn't hold much water. This is the movie that sisters should make a girl date to go see. This is the movie that brothers should take their sons and nephews to see. This is the movie that businessmen need to buy tickets for. So that young people should see. This is especially the movie that the alt right conservatives need to see. Because afterwards, if they don't understand why there is a BLM movement, then they are the problem

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
So, I understand nation wide this movie has seen very little advertising. I am not surprised

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
So, I understand nation wide this movie has seen very little advertising. I am not surprised

Correct, resulting in this ... not that we care about Hollywood's appetite :facepalm:

Why ‘Detroit’ Flopping At The Box Office, Signals A Dent In Hollywood’s Appetite For Black Movies of Shame

The numbers are in and unfortunately despite best laid plans and the projection for a more than decent opening at the box office — Kathryn Bigelow’s much-hyped and picked apart movie about the Detroit riots of 1967 — aptly titled Detroit — barely registered with theater goers across the country ...

Ezinne Ukoha

Juggling Wordsmith and literary carpenter. https://Patreon.com/Ezziegirl//
Aug 8

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Correct, resulting in this ... not that we care about Hollywood's appetite :facepalm:

Why ‘Detroit’ Flopping At The Box Office, Signals A Dent In Hollywood’s Appetite For Black Movies of Shame

The numbers are in and unfortunately despite best laid plans and the projection for a more than decent opening at the box office — Kathryn Bigelow’s much-hyped and picked apart movie about the Detroit riots of 1967 — aptly titled Detroit — barely registered with theater goers across the country ...

Ezinne Ukoha

Juggling Wordsmith and literary carpenter. https://Patreon.com/Ezziegirl//
Aug 8

The real problem is many of us made excuses not to go see it.

I have always said, if we don't support our stories, no one will tell them

Consciousness Raising Online!

Destee Conference 1-866-4-DESTEE

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss:
Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart: