Black People : Detroit People

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hey Yall ... :love: ... are you near Chene Park, willing to go there and get a ticket to India Arie's concert tonight?

My daughter just moved to Michigan, attending University of Michigan, and she wants to go and see this concert tonight, but didn't get tickets in advance. She knew weeks ago that she wanted to go, but with relocating to a new city, finding a place to live, starting classes, familiarizing herself with just how to get to campus, etc., here we are on the night of India's concert.

She's talking about "going anyway" and hoping that she'll get a ticket when she arrives, and she doesn't even really know where exactly she's going! She's never been to Chene Park, and only to Detroit once (so far). I'm not comfortable with all of this, as she's determined to go, even alone! :( ... i would feel better at least knowing she has a ticket. I can just see her standing out there, looking lost, getting scalped, or even worse!

She and i tried ticketmaster, all of that, but they are not available ... folk are saying that since it's so close to the time of the show, she'll have to get the ticket at the door ... that's if any are available when she gets there ... they said they had 200 left. She's in class right now! Oh gosh.

Kemetstry ... Monetary ... anybody ... QQ ... :love:

I want her to just stay home tonight, but she loves India and i don't think i'm going to be able to talk her into that.

If you'd be so kind as to get the ticket for her, she'll pay for it of course, when she picks it up.

Any suggestions for a worried Mom in Alabama?

:heart:

Destee

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    I am so proud of my daughter !!!! :love:

She just called and said that she doesn't think it's a good idea for her to try to go, even though she really wants to see India.

She just got out of class, and she said it's raining right now in Ann Arbor (Detroit), and she'd have to rush home, get dressed for the concert, and hope that she finds a ticket, and she doesn't really know where she's going ... and it will be dark outside, harder to find stuff (plus being pushed for time) ... which will make her much more vulnerable ... and maybe she should wait until India's next concert. She said she'll be in the front row then! :)

I'm so proud of her !!! Oh Gosh !!! Whew !!!

She said that the program that she is a part of, Summer Institute at University of Michigan, is sponsoring an all day trip to Detroit tomorrow. They will visit all kinds of places, gardens, centers, etc., allowing the new students to get a bit more familiar with the city. So she will just do some studying tonight, listen to India's cd, go to bed early, and be up early for this event.

I'm so proud of her !!! :)

This is good and wise thinking! I told her that i had just posted a thread on the forum, because i was so worried about this situation ... but her idea is even better than mine ... hmmmm ... i wonder where she got her idea from ... :wink: ... :)

I'm so proud of her !!!! :love:

Thanks Kemetstry and Monetary, even though yall haven't probably read this or even considered my request ... just knowing there are wonderful Brothers close by my baby, makes me feel good.

While we're on the subject ... who else is in Detroit ... i might need a babysitter!! :)

Love Yall !!!

signed ... calm Mom in Alabama ... :)

Destee

3. sonnee01

sonnee01 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +29
    Hey Destee...good for her.. she did make a very wise decision as that would have been way too much rushing.

Chene Park is outside, it's covered with a dome, but non the less.. it's outside, and the rain makes things kinda messy.. esp with lookin cute and all ya-no. I thought you knew I was here too, I would have met up and went with her...( keepin in mind that I would prob had to sit like 12 rows back...seein that I'm her Big Sister sista and all )

I love India , don't know how in the world I missed out on knowing she's in concert tonight :cry: .... I think I've been spending too much time in the cyber world... wha cha think :thinking: or maybe it was just not ment for me to be there either. But anywho I got you if you need me, just let me know.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Thank You Sister Sonnee !!!! Ohhhhhhhhhh Boy !!! :love:

I did know you were in Detroit, just had forgot, my mind was racing trying to think of ways to help her. Yes Yes Yes ... no offense against the Brothers ... but you are a much better choice of a "babysitter" than they are ... lol ... ohhhhhhhhhhh yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay !!! ... my baby isn't really all by herself ... thank you Sister Sonnee!

She's so kewl, she would never let you sit 12 rows behind her, or even walk 12 steps behind her ... she'd want you to be right close to her ... just in case there is a stabb'n or shoot'n or sump'n ... she'd want to be right with you Gurl! ... lol ... shoot, you might have to tell her ... uuuhhh skuze me SmartGurl, but i can't breathe with you on my neck ... lol ... even though she's a big girl now, trying to be all brave and grown in the real world, she's still just a baby and loves being considered as such! :)

Ohhhhhhhh Sister Sonnee ... i wish we had of planned earlier, talked sooner, as that would have been shake'n bacon ... lol ... but that's okay, there will be other events i'm sure.

Thanks for being willing to help.

As i posted this thread ... i thought of how important it is that we help each other with our babies as much as possible ... with such a global community, and our children spread out all over it ... what a great opportunity to help each other. I may start a thread like "What City Are You In - Attending College" ... or something like that. I know we must be very careful in choosing who we (introduce) have to help our babies, but i absolutely trust you, Monetary, and Kemetstry ... and i'm sure there are others here, who trust others, and well gosh ... there's no limit to the "raising of our babies" we can do.

Thank You Thank You Thank You !!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Destee

5. sonnee01

Ratings:
    +29
    Destee.. yes...yes... yes.. I agree we do have to look out for our babies...but you just rest-a-sure if you need me to get to my lil-sis.... I will ...be it :horse: :run: :car: :bus: or :swim: I'm there... :)....

I so believe in plantin seed... I have a 14yr old and he too wants to go to college out of state, so I truly believe the seed I plant now will render a great harvest in due season..:blowkiss:

6. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135

LMAO With all the AKAs in town this week, ( 10,600 as of yesterday ) She is out of luck. That concert has been advertised for months. What is on young folx minds? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. roarin1

roarin1 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +28
    CASE IN POINT.......

This is EXACTLY why WE must take OUR 'pilgrimage' back to each others
    bosoms seriously. OUR Babies are ALL that is important.

(Though some of OUR Yunguns don't understand this-this is why OUR Guidance is imperative. Remember the 'old-days' it takes a village?)

So much for US old folk....if WE ain't got it by now, WE probably ain't gonna get it. Such is life.

BTW Sis DESTEE, Detroit is no better or no worse than any other euro-Metropolis-that is to say, it is what YOU make it. No boogie men here.

('lest in MY decades of life 'cept maybe Kwame Kilpatrick, I'VE never seen any.)

I have a Nephew whom just started @ U. of M. also having graduated from a Farmington Hills H.S., HE spent a lotta time teaching and coaching basketball
    to other Yung'uns in the city of Detroit, HE never had too many problems.

I guess when YOU care, YOU go where YOU gotta go to follow YOUR dream of making an impact. (Kinda like how some folks do here @ DESTEE.)

Ann Arbor is quite laid back, crime is 'shy' to go there.....('cause there's a lotta 'old money') Not to worry.....Kim Jung Il will do more damage first than any local 'rif-raff'. (I know this makes YOU feel better!)

The DAUGHTER will be fine.......if SHE likes to shop, the outlet mall is straight up U.S. 23 N. to 96W towards Lansing (which if the Wolverines ever meet the Spartans SHE'LL probably find HER way to anyhow....)

Any how, I'VE said enough.
    The best to YOU and YOURS.

HOTEP

ROARIN.......

8. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135

As long as she stays out of the wrong hoods, she wont have to worry about that. Now these white folx losing their jobs and their minds these days. I dont know. They starting to shoot up families in the burbs. White folx aint use to being unemployed. :boring: Sleep sound dear

9. sonnee01

Ratings:
    +29
    Kemetstry....:bam: you need to stop it!!!

10. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    Stop what???????????????????????????????????????????????????????