Black People : Detroit Honor Student Killed

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by HyperKill, May 11, 2010.

1. HyperKill

HyperKill Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +319
    http://http://www.theroot.com/buzz/detroit-honor-student-killed-five-doors-home This makes me wonder wtf are people in the city doing with their kids. I bet the shooters have pathetic parents who said at some point , "well them boys gonna do what they wanna do and there is nothing I can do to stop them". That is plain sorry. I think parents should be held accountable for the actions of their kids, thats if it was teens who did this. Every hooligan has parents and this has to stop. Another bright black youth headed somewhere gunned down for nobody knows what.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    sad.............we have to start somewhere and the best place is within da home

3. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Chuck:

First of all, is this really new or news to us here, poster?

Next question:

Why all of a sudden is Detroit becoming the poster child for all that aills Black America?

It wasn't and it isn't!

Save Our Son And Daughters tried to do more than get the word out about black youth on youth violence etc. in Detroit...

As I also heard and read:

So did Black Chicago residents via STOP THE MADNESS (organization)...

Instead do consider what folk are and aren't able or willing to even discuss via other posters on this board!

The ones trying to make a difference I applaud...

The ones who just make a lot of noise/not a lot of sense?

I'm just starting to not post back to at all!

Awhile back Ankhur berated and chided me for not seeming or sounding like I had any real empathy and sympathy for what our folk are going thru?

Instead some things I was urged to forgive (though I can and will not just forget)!

Anybody here--activist or otherwise--know me better-- than that!

So I ask him and others upfront:

Why no sense of urgency about anything and everything you claim and say you're concerned and worried about as well?

That's as revealing as what you do write and talk about!

:SuN044:

4. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Chuck:

But what is truly the nature of 'the home' ala 2010?

Maybe it isn't the idealized one...

Not the Huxtables...

And the one like in CLAUDINE...

Nothing new or news about that--in my neck of the woods--either!

We are doing the best we can--via our limited and limiting educational backgrounds etc.:

Though we are trying...

And why are all of those black haves not trying at all?

So much for their commitments to the ideas etc. they associate with M. L. K., Jr., oh so grateful for what the Civil Rights Movement ushered in for them, oh so distant as regards doing anything for us have nots, left behind?

And I am asking for a hand UP not a handOUT...

No wonder some black youth do opt out for a life hustling in the streets, when they're presented those sort of 'role models', too...

My point:

A conventional middle class oriented take inspires nobody who isn't already one...

Some things we may well have to do I'm guessing will be on the unconvetional side to confront and deal with our peoples unresolved internal issues and problems...

On the other hand:

We hardly did all of this to ourselves...

More on that subject as time etc. permits too...

Lastly:

Please do pass along my condolences to the family and friends of yet another victim of senseless violence...

It was and is probably on the envy side...

I know and understand what motivates some of our youth at risk too well, at this point and time, my man...

:10500:

5. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    stuff happens,

but more stuff will continue to happen in cities that are flat broke or are on the verge of going bankrupt.

And it will go on and on and on until we take the time to start looking at broad based acrposs state line solutions.

As rotten fruit drops from a tree and hits a baby on the head, we need to look at the roots of that tree and find out why it is rotten and if we cannot move babies away from the dopping rotten fruit, then doggone it we need to get together and start building someshelter for them as protection

6. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    My dear younger brother, Ankhur, if anybody should know by now:

You must consider the audience(s) you're writing/speaking to...

Also they will expect you to offer some sort of resolution or resolutions, i. e., for the issues/problems/etc. I and you and others are already concerned and worried about...

To put it another way:

Yes...

There are those who rally the troops...

But, the troops are demoralized, and--if they consider themselves troops--i. e., aka the activists and/or concerned citizens of their various communities, they do expect you to come up with more than just more talk...

Then, too, other things some of the rank and file also have to face up to, i. e, as in some things reflect the peoples own go along/get along mindset, which is why everything from unwanted pregnancies to children out of control to higher levels of substance abuse ad naseum isn't just the fault of 'whitey/racism/the system' anymore!

I do have to ask the next obvious question too:

As in?

Why no sense of urgency--be it activists or black elected officials--after decades of the aformentioned crap now characterizing what some (if not all) of our communities are being plagued by and with??

You tell me the answers to those questions:

And I can as well as will be better able and willing to help you and others help us come up with some real plans of actions--aka an agenda--which we also can and will be able to use to rally our relations...

:fyi:

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Why the backbiting bro in the previous post?

And when any one here gets tired of the

jail house-Wise man; sing song, pseudo poetic speech,

they can post some solutions themselves,

and then read the numerous solutions I have posted under this name and the previous,
    instead of trying to dictate what others should or should not say

FOR YOUR INFORMATION!!!!!!!!

and what is with the age hang ups bro?

you don't know mine, and I did not ask for yours!

8. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Some elders are indeed getting fed up with what the stupidity and thoughtlessness of a few are more and more plaguing our lives with...

I. e., which includes some folks beloved grandmother being slain, by a stuck on 'stupid' person of her own generation, whose took the law in his own hands, and a stray bullet from the gun he fired at a carjacker hit on of her arteries...

My and the and more to the point:

We can't go on allowing our emotions to overrule our thinking processes, i. e., vigilante 'justice' is just the flip side of lynchings, so it matters not the skin shades/ethnic/etc. backgrounds of who did or do avocate either of them!

:10500:

9. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Chuck:

First of all?

No disrespect was intended nor meant...

Second of all?

Sometimes it isn't what you say/it's how you say it...

I. e., you're reacting to the ways things are/not responding via thinking things thru/envisioning the way things could be(come)/via means and ways others can and should be able as well as willing to relate to...

I/we/us here actually have lived thru/ have had to cope an deal with the downside/end of the movement era of the seventies/in this neck of the woods:

I wouldn't dare even venture to NYC and berate or chide you for what you and yours did or didn't to cope and deal with your own city's issues/problems/etc.

Fair is fair...

Above and beyond that:

Better for us and the other posters if we resolve our alleged or real differences via email...

After having said and written that:

[email protected]...

:fyi:

10. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    I love you brother but do you actually talk to people like that or as that a literary style from the Harlem Renaissance, or maybe the Beat generatuion of the 60s?