Black People : Detroit High Schools Teach How To Work at Walmart

I wouldn't have thought that any training was needed

Good morning, bro...

And as regards what you said/wrote/etc.:

No kidding!

But you'd be just as suprised at the number of people needing references etc. to just get a shot at working for one local fast food outlet...

Actually old Miss Annie should be ashamed of herself for expecting answers to those questions she asked those applicants too...

I. e., a case study of how bad the job siuation is here, and I hope no where as bad there, etc.

:10500:

It's friggin frustrating. I recentl took on two more classes, another 6 hours a week, teaching a GED class for young knuckleheads (they ain't as bad as I was though) as part of a program called youthbuild (Obama money). they work on getting their GED's in the afternoon and in the morning they get job training, which is in construction. There ain't no mutha... jobs in construction!

Yeah.

This has been going down for some time.

Training folks for jobs (i.e. unemployment agencies) that aren't there
or aren't in demand.

It's friggin frustrating. I recentl took on two more classes, another 6 hours a week, teaching a GED class for young knuckleheads (they ain't as bad as I was though) as part of a program called youthbuild (Obama money). they work on getting their GED's in the afternoon and in the morning they get job training, which is in construction. There ain't no mutha... jobs in construction!

At best?

Vocational training programs comes from a wishful thinking approach, i. e., since mere education/training/etc. gurantees nobody can or will hire yah, once you've completed them...

Real life experiences etc. kinda sorta leads one to believe said program coordinators expected/hope/pray wear out some sneakers or shoes looking for jobs on your own--or have family members who work in/for the same fields/etc.

Otherwise what folk did opt out for is to save some of the dough/at least have something constructive to do with their time etc.

(No pun intended)...

On the other hand:

Everybody else connected to those projects also get a paycheck too...

And those who did get something out of the deal (as in the vocational training students etc.):

Be ever so gratefull (since some don't since other programs are run by scam artists ad naseum)...

60 MINUTES did a segment on the ones such louses got away with (at first) in New Jersey...

Etc.

:10500:

I know, right. One of my students had to go to like four interviews for a part time job at JC Penney's - and didn't get the job. And if you do, they require a drug test. Like you can do that job and not be high...

Shhhh...

Better to just allude (hint at) certain subjects...

(Nudge nudge/wink wink)...

FYI...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back