Audio Video Web Conferencing : Destiny's Love Daily

LovesDestiny

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 10, 2007
Midwest
Occupation
Finance & Endless Possibilities
Are you INSANE?

I graduated from college with an Accounting degree and landed a job in a Big Six public accounting firm. The expectation of new hires was to take your place among the ranks of all the other “Super Professionals” by securing your CPA (Certified Public Accounting) license. It’s a grueling two (2) day, four (4) part examination. I took the CPA examination not once, not twice, not even three times….FIVE times! Each time I passed different parts but never enough to pass the entire exam. Can I tell you how utterly disappointed I was? Not to mention the amount of money wasted ($1,500 CPA review classes and $250 examination fees). When you count it up and multiply it all out (don’t forget to carry the one), we’re definitely not talking about small change. I performed these failure activities (behaviors/actions that do not add value to your purpose/path in life) for two (2) straight years. It wasn’t until after receiving the fifth failed test result that I realized I was on the cusp of insanity. The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again expecting different results.

Even though I already knew the life of a CPA was not for me, I had become insanely focused on accomplishing these failure activities. At this point, I decided to go against the grain to do the unexpected. I left the public accounting firm and never looked back. I didn’t know what lay ahead of me but the peace that I received from putting those insane, failure activities behind me was priceless. That was ten (10) years ago. As I look back over that time, I realize now that had I continued to persist in passing the examination I probably would have succeeded eventually, but I would have lost the divine opportunities and stepping stones that I needed to develop my gifts which would ultimately lead me to the discovery of my passions.

Whether it’s career, family, relationship or some other life situation, we all have temporary moments of insanity. What failure activities are you insanely focused on right now and what do you plan to do to change it?

Insane to have not believed

My insane Failure....was school....I horribly got myself in the wong way......and just let the events tear me down, Ultimately influencing my decision to not even try anymore.
I waited a year and a Half before I gained the confidence to return and FINISH SUCCEEDING and that rolled in with the New Year
I got in contact with my University, requested needed forms and I got an acceptance letter granting my requst to continue Studying there...
It will be just under two years passing But it is a neccesity for me to strive for try-umph(and oh and believe me TRIUMPH is my AIM!)
SO I am just Grateful that I may have a second chance...I know it is going to be BRUTALLY difficult But that is Not even my far worry.....I know what Time it is...And it is time to Move On!
:)
I am already changed, and still in progress....that itself is The Work of Wonders and will travel with me far....My Mind on the Prize
UNIVERSAL STATE OF MIND!!!
Peace Sis
and GOD BLESS
:hearts2:
I appreciate this Thread:)
:10200:

Its a thin line between LOVE and FEAR!

I apologize in advance for the late post. I was scheduled to report for jury duty this morning of which I was not happy in the least. Fortunately, I was able to postpone my civic service for another 5 months. In my short time waiting with at least 100 other civilians I had a chance to indulge in one of my favorite passtimes - "People Watching". Normally, I only have the opportunity and time to do this in airports or parks but I realized this was my chance.

People were there from all walks of life but what struck me as strange was the small number of our people in attendance. There were only three (3) black men present and seven (7) black females. At a moment when I was already feeling very unpatriotic (thinking about the failures, holes and corrupt nature of our judicial system) I thought to myself...WOW! If the small number of us representing the system (excluding our people who are behind bars) doesn't solidify the fact that White America fears our people then I dont know what does!

As I began to take the reality of it all in I realized that not only does White America fear us...but WE fear us! They fear of us because of the power that we posses which is why they work so hard to keep us "in our places". But whats even more disturbing is the fact that we allow them to do it! They know our power but we don't. How is that possible? By believing the lies they feed us and allowing them to come into our communities and dictate how we live (i.e. distribution of illegal drugs, liquor stores on every corner, little/no funding for thriving black businesses). They tell us what to do, where to go, and how to think.

We say we love us and the skin we're in but do we really? Do we love us ENOUGH to take our communities back? Do we love us ENOUGH to pull up our brother and sister and help them reach their goals and dreams? Do you love YOU enough to conquer your FEAR (FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL)? Fear has such a stronghold on our people that we cannot see oustide of our own circumstances to move forward. We are literally rendered immobile!

The vehicle to move the power from one level to the next and to the next lies in YOU and ME! WE are that vehicle! You are the headlight and I am the battery. We need each other. Without you or me the vehicle will not MOVE! I love you and I love me, so today I am discarding every negative thought I've been fed about my capabilities and my purpose so that I can be instrumental in moving our vehicle. What are you gonna do?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back