Audio Video Web Conferencing : Destiny's Love Daily

Discussion in 'Audio Video Web Conferencing' started by LovesDestiny, Mar 21, 2008.

1. LovesDestiny

LovesDestiny Well-Known Member MEMBER

Finance & Endless Possibilities
    Ratings:
    +18
    Are you INSANE?

I graduated from college with an Accounting degree and landed a job in a Big Six public accounting firm. The expectation of new hires was to take your place among the ranks of all the other “Super Professionals” by securing your CPA (Certified Public Accounting) license. It’s a grueling two (2) day, four (4) part examination. I took the CPA examination not once, not twice, not even three times….FIVE times! Each time I passed different parts but never enough to pass the entire exam. Can I tell you how utterly disappointed I was? Not to mention the amount of money wasted ($1,500 CPA review classes and $250 examination fees). When you count it up and multiply it all out (don’t forget to carry the one), we’re definitely not talking about small change. I performed these failure activities (behaviors/actions that do not add value to your purpose/path in life) for two (2) straight years. It wasn’t until after receiving the fifth failed test result that I realized I was on the cusp of insanity. The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again expecting different results.

Even though I already knew the life of a CPA was not for me, I had become insanely focused on accomplishing these failure activities. At this point, I decided to go against the grain to do the unexpected. I left the public accounting firm and never looked back. I didn’t know what lay ahead of me but the peace that I received from putting those insane, failure activities behind me was priceless. That was ten (10) years ago. As I look back over that time, I realize now that had I continued to persist in passing the examination I probably would have succeeded eventually, but I would have lost the divine opportunities and stepping stones that I needed to develop my gifts which would ultimately lead me to the discovery of my passions.

Whether it’s career, family, relationship or some other life situation, we all have temporary moments of insanity. What failure activities are you insanely focused on right now and what do you plan to do to change it?

2. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    Good thread:terrific: , yeah, this is a good one ...but ...uhh ...do I have to go first?? :SuN003:
    naaaaaa ..I'll wait on yall to spill first, then I'll creep in :lol:

3. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    good subject for me to cover on wednesday night

thank you

4. PLATINUMILLITY1

PLATINUMILLITY1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
    Ratings:
    +38
    Insane to have not believed

My insane Failure....was school....I horribly got myself in the wong way......and just let the events tear me down, Ultimately influencing my decision to not even try anymore.
    I waited a year and a Half before I gained the confidence to return and FINISH SUCCEEDING and that rolled in with the New Year
    I got in contact with my University, requested needed forms and I got an acceptance letter granting my requst to continue Studying there...
    It will be just under two years passing But it is a neccesity for me to strive for try-umph(and oh and believe me TRIUMPH is my AIM!)
    SO I am just Grateful that I may have a second chance...I know it is going to be BRUTALLY difficult But that is Not even my far worry.....I know what Time it is...And it is time to Move On!
    :)
    I am already changed, and still in progress....that itself is The Work of Wonders and will travel with me far....My Mind on the Prize
    UNIVERSAL STATE OF MIND!!!
    Peace Sis
    and GOD BLESS
    :hearts2:
    I appreciate this Thread:)
    :10200:

5. LovesDestiny

Ratings:
    +18
    Its a thin line between LOVE and FEAR!

I apologize in advance for the late post. I was scheduled to report for jury duty this morning of which I was not happy in the least. Fortunately, I was able to postpone my civic service for another 5 months. In my short time waiting with at least 100 other civilians I had a chance to indulge in one of my favorite passtimes - "People Watching". Normally, I only have the opportunity and time to do this in airports or parks but I realized this was my chance.

People were there from all walks of life but what struck me as strange was the small number of our people in attendance. There were only three (3) black men present and seven (7) black females. At a moment when I was already feeling very unpatriotic (thinking about the failures, holes and corrupt nature of our judicial system) I thought to myself...WOW! If the small number of us representing the system (excluding our people who are behind bars) doesn't solidify the fact that White America fears our people then I dont know what does!

As I began to take the reality of it all in I realized that not only does White America fear us...but WE fear us! They fear of us because of the power that we posses which is why they work so hard to keep us "in our places". But whats even more disturbing is the fact that we allow them to do it! They know our power but we don't. How is that possible? By believing the lies they feed us and allowing them to come into our communities and dictate how we live (i.e. distribution of illegal drugs, liquor stores on every corner, little/no funding for thriving black businesses). They tell us what to do, where to go, and how to think.

We say we love us and the skin we're in but do we really? Do we love us ENOUGH to take our communities back? Do we love us ENOUGH to pull up our brother and sister and help them reach their goals and dreams? Do you love YOU enough to conquer your FEAR (FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL)? Fear has such a stronghold on our people that we cannot see oustide of our own circumstances to move forward. We are literally rendered immobile!

The vehicle to move the power from one level to the next and to the next lies in YOU and ME! WE are that vehicle! You are the headlight and I am the battery. We need each other. Without you or me the vehicle will not MOVE! I love you and I love me, so today I am discarding every negative thought I've been fed about my capabilities and my purpose so that I can be instrumental in moving our vehicle. What are you gonna do?

6. LovesDestiny

Ratings:
    +18
    A Womans Worth

As you can see, the subject this week is Power. Collectively, we are a powerful people but it takes each of us to engage that power within us individually.

"A Womans Worth" is never a dull subject and can never be talked about too much. Why? Because we must be reminded daily who we are and our inherent power as Beautiful, Black Goddesses!

It's a shame that we don't know this. Sure, we've heard it repeated over and over again, almost to a fault of sounding cliche'. But why don't we believe it? I'll tell you why! We don't believe because we allow ourselves to be devalued constantly, on a daily basis. We lower our standards when it comes to relationships with men. Instead of raising the expectation bar we indulge in activities where the standards are blatantly low and embarrassing. We feel the need to use our physical "attributes" to define who we are. Now I am a firm believer in confidence and positive self-esteem but I cannot think of one situation where putting our breasts and backsides on display for the world to see is a step in the direction for change for our people. When we put ourselves out there like that, it not only devalues your credibility and character but it also tears away at the very foundation that our ancestors worked and died trying to build for us, not to mention the groundwork we're laying for our own children. The only message we're sending is "Do what you gotta do by any means necessary".

But like the preachers say "I have good news for you". You don't have to prove anything to anyone but yourself. You owe nothing to noone but YOU! You have all the strength you need within! And when you get tired and weary (because the reality is you will), we are here to grab your hand and pull you up! My Queens you are not alone!

If noone has told you recently, let me be the first to do so: I admire you, I adore you, I LOVE YOU, my beautiful, black sisters!

You are Beautiful from the inside out!
    You our powerful without a doubt!
    You are soft and hard at the same time
    You are revered by all of mankind

Your skin is like silk and your kisses so sweet
    You walk in a room and men fall to your feet
    With your posture straight your presence is so grand
    No one can deny the power you command

You are the root of the Magnolia Tree
    You are knowledge in that bachelor's degree
    You are the fresh linens on the King size bed
    You are the neck that turns the head

You are the fiery waters flowing thru the Nile
    You are the source of every black man's smile
    You are the rich soil that plenishes this earth
    You are a Queen - the true definition of a Womans Worth

Go forth my sisters in strength today KNOWING and BELIEVING you are worth all that you accomplish and desire...and so much more!

7. queentswana

Ratings:
    +161
    Thank you LovesDestiny,
    Yes, we are all that!! ...the giver of life...before and after life...nothing else can happen.
    Awesome write up sis!

8. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    People only fear what they don't know how to handle.

A man once told me a story about being in the army. Said he was in his tent one night and he reached for his entrenching tool and it started moving. It was not his entrenching tool it was a snake. His fear of snakes made him stand straight up and pull that tent right out of the ground. He didn't know how to handle the snake...how to pick it up...how to determine if the snake was poisonous...or how to keep it from biting him or anyone else. One of the guys came along and chased the snake through the brush and grabbed it by the head and brought the snake back to the camp and laughed at the guy who was afraid of the snake.

How was he able to chase the snake, grab the snake, pick it up, and bring it back to the camp?

He knew how to handle the snake. He knew what to do and what not to do. He wasn't afraid of the snake because he knew how to handle the snake.

According to logic, fear of something comes from not knowing how to handle it. What to do in regard to it. What not to do in regard to it. How to respond to it so that you are able to respond from a position of power.

According to compensatory counter-racism logic, the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) know how to handle us. They know exactly what to do and what not to do in regard to us. They know exactly what to say and what to say in regard to us. They know exactly where to go and where not to go in regard to us. So much so, that they can come right among us and start rapping.

Fear us? I don't think so...they know how to handle us so that they are able to respond to us from a position of power. They have codified their speech and action into what is known as the racist code. They know exactly what to say and what not to say to keep us talking in a circle...away from them.

What we don't know how to do is handle them. We don't know what to say and what not to say. We don't know what to do and what not to do. We don't know where to go and where not to go.

...but we are learning...

9. LovesDestiny

Ratings:
    +18
    Yes, we definitely are learning Brother Edward! Thank you for the thought-provoking words of wisdom!

10. queentswana

Ratings:
    +161
    :bowdown: To: "but we are learning" ...have we any other choice? ...they got us in a corner (a tight corner) so we're left with the choice of "learn" ... or ... "Parish" ..that's it, there's no more middle ground, no more inbetween ground. It's now .."DO or Die"
    See, the title of this thread is deeper than some may know..."A woman's Worth" ...which is the beginning of it all!! Destroy the Woman...everything else dies!
    And their first, yet most important move was to bring the "Woman" down, once done...they replaced it with "Fear" ...mind you, this started way back in the Bible days, the good and holy book.
    So I totally agree, we indeed have a lot of healing to do!!