The Front Porch : Destee's Request For Contributions

Discussion in 'The Front Porch' started by Destee, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Hello Family,

The costs to maintain, manage, and continue building our community has grown greater than i, a single Mother of 3, can afford alone. For the most part, i've been able to pay for everything myself, since 1999. We began offering chat in 1999 and the forums followed in 2001.

Currently we have 3900+ Members, 180,000+ posts, audio file upload capability, two 24/7 voice chat rooms, and nightly online classes, taught by Sisters and Brothers from around the world. All of this free to everyone, with no annoying advertisements popping up with every click we make.

It is my hope that you see the value in what we've been blessed with and will help sustain it. Whether it is this community or some other hope for our people, it can never realize its true potential, with only one, two, or a few, carrying the weight of the load.

Our community is home to Sisters and Brothers throughout the world. We are doing here, what we all say needs to be done. We come together in peace, love and harmony, embracing each other, teaching and building together. We have a beautiful home where our young and elders live together, respectfully. There is no other community like ours.

Your financial support is needed and i hope you consider it worthy. It has taken all the nerve in me to ask this of you, and i never would, if the need was not great. Your contribution will help meet the costs of maintaining, managing, and building our community. Some of our Sisters and Brothers have given, and others have pledged that they will. All of this keeps me hopeful and encouraged that our community will always be here.

I've set up a secure online contribution form, that will accept debit and credit card secured transactions in real time. You may contribute any amount that you'd like, every little bit helps. If you'd prefer, you can make contributions payable to "Destee" and mail to: P. O. Box 180512 - Mobile, AL 36618 (please include your forum username if you have one). Contributions*are NOT tax deductible. Contributions are NOT refundable. All contributions will be used to help meet the ongoing and increasing costs of maintaining, managing, and building our beautiful community.

As always, if you have any questions or comments you may post them here, use our contact form, or email me, [email protected].

Thank you.

Destee

2. Tantrum

Tantrum Well-Known Member MEMBER

Pos Technical Support
    Ratings:
    +12
    Wake Up People
    We need your support
    Much Love Sista Destee!!!

3. Tantrum

Tantrum Well-Known Member MEMBER

Pos Technical Support
    Ratings:
    +12
    Since we have 188 guest and upten non paying members
    Is the family asking too much of you??
    Is it the ten dollars??
    Is it the fact that we are looking for contributions??
    Is it the fact you know you dont have to pay, and yet
    pretty much get the same benefits chat aside??
    I would like to know??
    I know a lot of the family would like to know!!
    Help me out please...
    Tell me something...When over 188 guest can take the time to educate themselves threought Destee.Com but cant take the time to register and even donate a darn dollar???
    I dont understand I am not a police officer not here to make you do anything yet I never understand this when I am on the site!!
    Destee knows I have nothing but love for her but she also knows that we cant change the world!! Yet us a Black Community Need To Grow!! Much Love

4. Akilah

Akilah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Scheduling Coordinator for large Health System
    Ratings:
    +36
    Oh the contrary....

We can and have changed the world...
    It's well past time for us to REMEMBER that
    When we come together as a people,we
    are invincible ! Destee's is just as good a
    place as any to begin the process of
    re-dedicating ourselves to UNITY