Black People : "Destee's Question Demands An Answer"

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Lokman, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Lokman

Lokman Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +128
    On September 17, 2006, Destee Asked The Family: "How Do We Overcome White Supremacy?"

When you consider the plight and condition of Black people both here and abroad... and the Social Tsunami you sense lurking about our cities and shorelines:
    Destee's question demands an answer. However, before you do... consider this:

A) Our ancestors possessed arguably the greatest body of sacred, spiritual, and empirical knowledge on earth. Yet, the record will show, the end of an era.

B) One can argue that today we face the most sophisticated warfare system ever devised. In which case, family... we have unfinished business. So

Let me rephrase the question for You: How Do We Return to Power?

This question Not Only demands more thought and serious consideration...
    this question demands an answer! Now

Take the Challenge!!!

Lokman

2. ShemsiEnTehuti

ShemsiEnTehuti Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    It boils down to 3 things: 1) Faith; 2) Aesthetics; 3) Self Sufficiency/Determination.

We must expunge foreign faiths (i.e. Islam, Christianity, etc.). We must expunge foreign aesthetics or ideals of beauty (i.e. hair straightening, light-skin preference or bleaching, etc.). We must expunge our dependency on Whites by creating our own businesses/industries (technology, agriculture, etc.), African-centered schools and institutions of higher learning, and owning our own land to develop.

Without expunging key elements, then we will continue to tell the world that we are inferior; hence perpetuating the system of White Supremacy.

3. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    By over coming African or Black Inferiority. This can only be accomplished by a knowledge of who we are, what we did, what our worth is and by once again waking up to the realization that we are the Parents of this world and all people in it. In recognizing it, we will have to claim it...if we claim it, we must be responsible for it. If we are responsible for it, we must rebuild it according to divine or ankh (life) principles. First comes knowledege, then comes the wisdom to use the knowldege, then comes action.

4. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    True indeed.

The 4 things that I have been working on, that serve as the foundation of overcoming White Supremacy, and will work to put our people back on the path as (re)Inheritors of the earth are:

*Intellect

*Health

*Ethics

*Economics.

These things, when placed within proper perspective can and will work.

PEACE

5. philomath

philomath Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    talk is cheap; actions speak louder than words

get out go to a grassroots organization and do something

and yes i practice what i preach

6. Lokman

United States
    Ratings:
    +128
    Greetings ShemsiEnTehuti. A Powerful Set of Keys. Can you take this powerful key “we must expunge our dependency on Whites by creating our own businesses/industries” and turn it into
    a few powerful action steps for the readers here?

Greetings Keita. A Powerful Synopsis Indeed. By way of example, can you take this power point “First comes knowledge, then comes the wisdom to use the knowledge, then comes action...”
    and translate it into a powerful, real-life action scenario for the readers here?

Greetings Samurai36. Excellent Pillars of Power upon which to build. Can you give us an example of an intellectual exercise (or a series of economic action steps) readers here can apply
    en route to power?

Greetings Philomath. Interesting observations. Can you give readers here the names of a few “grassroots organizations” you feel will return our people to power?

Appeciate your time, talent, insights and observations.

Lokman

P.S. Thank you all for stepping up...

7. We

We Well-Known Member MEMBER

Nationbuilding
    Ratings:
    +11
    This question has already been answered.

It has been answered by the many Afrikan warrior-scholars generation after generation. Afrikan Men and women like Dr. Neely Fulller, Dr. John Henrike Clarke, Kwame Ture, Dr. Wade Nobles, kwk (just to name a few) have written and lectured on How/When/Will We Return to Power.

I'm not interested in a bulleted list of solutions. We have them. I'm not interested in how eloquent you are we it comes to identifying the problems. I am, however, very interested to hear what steps we have taken to implement them.

Let us draw inspiration and ideas from each other's actions. "-What's your plan?" "-How can I help?" "-Perhaps that would work in my community!" I'm interested how we've applied our diverse talents and resources toward our freedom. "-What are the challenges you've faced?", "-What are some of the lessons you've learned?", "-What's your short-term/long-term goals?", "-Share your successes and your failures."

It is a mistake to remain locked in discussions such as this which we attempt to re-create solutions or re-state ideas. Although, I agree with replies in this thread to this point, I'd have to say that many of us heard these ideas before. Wouldn't you agree?

There is no doubt that a thorough examination must happen. (I'd assert that it has happened already). They must be identified, dissected and examined before we can even begin to apply a solution. Once the analysis is complete the solution must be applied by empowered Warrior-class.

For example, the reason books like The Mis-Education of the Negro and Black Bourgeoisie are as relevant today as they were when the where first published (in 1933 and 1957, respectfully) is that we have yet to deploy solutions.

It is time to move out of the Discovery phase and into the Development phase of the plan to develop secure Afrikan institutions capable of handling the many problems that plague our communities.

Warrior-scholars must not allow themselves to continue to indulge in circular conversations. It's a trap.

Peace.

8. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Quote: "Warrior-scholars must not allow themselves to continue to indulge in corcular conversations. I'ts a trap."

True. It is a trap, in Deed.

Months ago I created a thread asking for SOLUTIONS. It was diverted into deflection. In turn I started focusing on developing my OWN "intellectual property".

Many of us come here daily, argue 24/7, yet do not financially support Destee.com. Yet, some of the same people commemorate Kwanzaa!

So much for cooperative Economics (Ujamaa").

How many are really focusing on Black Economic Empowerment? Many are good "Wordsmiths" engaging in Kemetic Sophistry but where are the Builders Constructing megolithic stuctures (i.e. Corporate Empires) employing and benefitting the African masses (i.e. working and underclass)??

Quite frankly, I am done entertaining the thoughts of folks on this site who do not put their money where their mouths are yet have a tendency to give advisement and/or chastisement to others.

9. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Interestingly, you are NEW to this site and are putting others "on front street".

Let me suggest to you Brother Lokman....

Become a Premium Member and support Destee.com FINANCIALLY...

then ask what others can and/or must Do after you have done so your Self.

Until then, you are intellectually !*@^&rbating...

10. Lokman

United States
    Ratings:
    +128
    Greetings Lazarus. Let me hit on the highlights of your critique.

Lazarus: "Let us draw inspiration and ideas from each other's actions."

On this, we agree.

Lazarus: "It is a mistake to remain locked in discussions such as this which we attempt to re-create solutions or re-state ideas."

You presume to know where this discussion may lead? Then you are either omniscient or a prophet.

“Treatment without diagnosis is malpractice.” - (The House Of Lokman)

Lazarus: "This question have already been answered."

You may be right. However, let us examine your conclusion to be sure - okay?

Exhibit (A) The Federal Reserve has developed a number of money and credit measures that unavoidably represent a compromise among various
    alternative concepts that take into account the availability of the necessary raw data, and the not always clear empirical evidence from statistical
    tests relating various money and credit measures to other economic variables.

This is but one of the philosophical pillars in the economic framework of the power elite. It is one of the chief causes of our enslavement and
    suffering both here and abroad. The power elite have used (and use) this philosophy to blow up entire economies and bankrupt
    countless African nations

To my knowledge, not a single author you mentioned has ever addressed it, and not one in one million people understand it let alone,
    know how to counter it!

Exhibit (B) i=1 to infinity of x^i is x/(1-x)

Here we have arguably among the most destructive economic formulas ever designed by the power elite. Its impact on people of Black descent has, is,
    and continues to be economically devastating! Our death toll as a result, is immeasurable.

To my knowledge, not a single author you mentioned has ever addressed it, and not one in one million people understand it let alone,
    know how to counter it!

Exhibit (C) The UC Default Swap Market

In this case you have among the most deadly economic viruses and Wall Street schemes ever unleashed on Black America. It is, for all intent and purposes
    currently bankrupting entire Black enclaves across this country! Even as we speak, this virus leaves in its wake, financial desperation and social despair.

To my knowledge, not a single author you mentioned has ever addressed this plague, and not one in one million people understand it let alone, know how to counter it!

We have here only 3 of the most lethal weapons ever in the arsenal of the power elite. They are not discussed on stage, screen, radio or Rap Videos.

And NOT ONE in one million know they exist; NOT ONE in one million understand how they actually work; NOT ONE in one million know how to counter them.

So really, has the question already been answered?

Nothing Further,

Lokman