Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
SensualReality ... Hello and Welcome !!! ... :wave: ... bless your sweet heart ... :) ... Thank you for the love, it is so appreciated! I do hope that you'll be able to join as a "Premium Member" ... 'cause things can only get better!

Sister Story ... Everyone will be able to continue entering voice chat for a while, whether they are "Premium Members" or not. We'll give plenty of notice before that changes. Sister Story, i'm so glad this community has meant a lot to you, because you have meant a lot to us too! Making me sharpen up all of my "Momma Skills" ... :wink: ... Love you Sister.

:heart:

Destee

Sparkledoll27

Jan 22, 2002
Good luck......

I've been a web designer since 1995. The industry is fickle and I couldn't imagine if the web was my only source of income. I've been writing and publishing books since 2001.

I have a suggestion. I run several websites (imissthe80s.com, thabiz.com) this past year I have been approached by corporate sponsors who pay me a lot of money for a little of nothing. The products are endless, but the money is what counts. I know Eurweb.com runs a lot of corporate ads and although now you are going to be charging , that is something you could look into also. I also write for another site that gets big time corporate money from national TV stations to run programming ads, ect. I don't own this site but the webmaster really has a good hold on the marketing thing.

You are obviously quite dedicated to keeping this site going and your traffic is awesome you come up quickly in search results (that is usually what advertisers tell me regarding the 80's site how my site comes up in many search instances, etc.)

But we are talking about thousands of dollars for ads here, features here, etc.

Worth looking into......

I don't know what your press kit looks like but an attractive press kit and a little effort will go far because web marketing and product placement has really boomed in the last year. And I'm not just talking about banner or text ads, people are paying money for a lot of these feature articles and reviews you see on the web.

Good luck with your site. I have shut down some sites in the past and some become profitable so they thrive, but you have built a real community.

Hawkkman

Oct 6, 2001
Maryland
Occupation
Auto Service Constultant for GM
God is in control

My Dear Dear Destee:

We go way back, when you first started this much needed venture. I remember out chats of joy and chats of (damm I hope WE can make this work)..Well, guess what...WE ARE gonna make it work...I have submitted my yearly dues, which is not whats gonna make it work, but certainly help with the contributions of others....BUT what is gonna make it work, WE, all that love you, all that are truly sisters and brothers...are gonna hit out knees and ask GOD to see you thru this time of (he will only put on you what yu can handle) phase of your life. As always, I am here for you...be it to chat about the weather or just to hang out...I am glad to know you have a brother that will hold his sister in his arms and say....its gonna be ok....I love you dear sister...stay strong...

Hawkkman

Chief Elder Osiris

Jan 3, 2002
Your Work Is ToValuable To Lose - Osiris

Hoteph My Dear Beloved Sister Destee:

My dear beloved sister, let me say that your journey is a familiar one and is common among serous dedicated Afrikan people and you have nothing to be ashame of, you my sister exemplify the strenght of a true warrior, a mother to be proud of and honored.

Let me say to you my dear, feel not embrassed to request what you have earned and deserve, as our Ancient Afrikan have so said, the servant is worthy of her hire, in other word, the service you have and continue to render to us is worthy to be compensated, not only to maintain the continuation of this most wonderful and beautifull web sight but you yourself is deserving of our support,morally, Spiritually as well as financially and I am sure I speak with the agreement of the rest of the Family.

There is strenght in numbers and I am sure if each of us support your effort in this regard, monetarily, such pressure will not be yours alone to bear.

I Humbly respect the work you have done on this sight and the priviledge you have made available to us and continue to do so.

I want you to know that you can count on me to assist you without hesitation and yes, this sight must live, because it give life knowledge and encouragement to many who visit this sight and it is all because of what you have done and continue to do in this regard.

Much Love My Dear

Hoteph
Osiris
Chief Elder

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
yes indeed brutha so true and so real her worthy service and bond given
and loyality is worth it all i truely agree 110%

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
Destee

You have always been there--and we have always used your site--whatever you need to keep going, I would be glad to give my fair share to help--mark me down for a premium membership--I'll send out in a couple of days. I'm on the road right now, but you provide an important service for black men and women and I think it important enough to speak with my wallet in order to help.

Amun-Ra :luvv:

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
Destee,

I really love this sight and appreciate what you have gone through to make it succeed. I hope there is some way I can contribute. I have been dealing with the Commission for the Blind to find a job but right now even ten dollars would have to come out of my food after my bills are paid. I wonder if there is some other way that I can help like some service that you may be paying someone else to do. I have magnification software on my computer that allows me to do awesome graphics design with Macromedia's Fireworks and Paintshop Pro anything you can envision in your minds eye I can reproduce on the web, technical writing like grant proposals, professional bio, whatever is of market value. Or if there is something you need done...poets can be creative, can we not?

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
wow river surely all this will work out for you in many ways

EbonyQueen06

Mar 17, 2004
Bad Newz Va
Occupation
Student
It sad to say that I have to find another to publish my writting I can't afford to pay to publish and neither can my parents because my mom doesn't work and the car biz is kind of slow :bawling:

Accept my Apology

undefined
Please accept my apology sista and I do mean that when I say sister. I have to say to you now that I have a lot of respect for you and I will always keep you in my prayers.

My friend went to a service last week and the preacher said this to her and she came back to me with it. She said he spoke about people with a vision. Your vision is your future which is coming to past if you have faith so if what you see around you is not your vision then what you see is temporary and with your faith your vision will come to be. She said this too me while we were sitting down eating before going to see Why did I get Married with Kelly Price..........which I gotta say was good (cheap plug).

Any way Destee this reminds me of you in a sense and me because I have a vision and even though I work for the feds and Im a high grade this is not my vision. Yet you stepped out on faith "sista" and went through the struggles and carry your cross with you and standing at the point of being crucified many times you held on.

So I want to say keep holding on...........Im a member now I know I dont step in as much as I use to but I come to my sistas and brothers aide when they need me even if its my last bit of money, food, or water, because we dont have enough unity in our comunity as it is. Your forum made many friends and gave birth to a family on the internet. Although "sista" I have to say you find your strength in your family. Your strength lies with your kids that love never fails that love secures you along with the love of God because a child born to light is in his vision and knows no financial struggles knows no racisim, knows no adultery, and knows nothing about Weapons of Mass Destructions. So go back to your strength keep a lock on your kids "sista".

Yet know you gotta another brotha who has your back......thats right TheRock is back.............I raised the eyebrow before the eyebrow got waxed and groomed by that wrestling bamma, my auntie called me therock before that groupee knew what how to spell Duane Johnson, I talked more smack and gave the smackdown before he knew what was cooking!!!! Yet Im still the man I was on afronet afrochat that I will be here as well but Destee Im also man enough to say I apologize and I respect you and you keep keeping on.................but send me an email from time to time so I can check up on you and you on me..................you feel me!!!

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.