STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
OMG ... i do love this thread ... :cry: ... :heart: ... :cry: ... :dance4:

I would love to have a doggy park.

I want to take Black to one, but word on the street is that I do not have enough control over him.

He will ignore me ... sometimes ... if outside of our very controlled environment ... :D

Oh boy! How kewl is this! ... :love: ... Thank You! ... :birthday:

I gotta do better ... get my doggy weight up ... :weights: ... :)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY ... we have a doggy park! ... :yaay: :yaay: ... sort of ... :dance4: ... :love:

Loving the Puppy Love! :heart:

:dance4: :dance4: :dance4: :dance4: :dance4:

:heart:

Destee

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
RET: EMS & TPD

I want to take Black to one, but word on the street is that I do not have enough control over him.

He will ignore me ... sometimes ... if outside of our very controlled environment ... :D

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY ... we have a doggy park! ... :yaay: :yaay: ... sort of ... :dance4: ... :love:

Destee
Your happiness is my pleasure.

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
On a certain level it'd be nice to go and enjoy a dog park but when they get out of control it happens very quickly and usually ends up bloody with recriminations flying back and forth about who was at fault. For the peoples and the dogs that frequent dog parks they both form packs and limits what type of person and the temperament of a dog who could get along in that type of atmosphere. Dominate dogs need not apply unless blood is the sport.
Besides I've always questioned the idea that all dogs should get along all friendly like in each others company, i.e.. with those outside their own pack. It's not really in the nature of the beast. Perhaps for the human world but not for the dog, the mixing up of 'pack' only confuses the Canis species.
I don't expect the dogs I keep to get along with or like all people and certainly not in regards to outside other dogs. He has his territory and his pack, he needs nor asks for anything more.
Dog parks only helps relieve the inner psyche of people who don't really want to 'be' with the dog but think it'd be nice to have one around for whatever reason/s goes through their heads.
No more dog park rant, I shouldn't get started on it.
Puppy pictures:

I think this is Striders first swim:

just another puppy

possessive little snot

grown into, I dare you.

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
The first dog in my life was a Collie and I remember him well and fondly. Though I don't think I was even two years old because my sister was still in her crib I remember going to get him (Shadow) with my father vividly. It has in a 2 ton Dodge flat bed truck and on the way home with Shadow I remember hugging tight to the dog because he wanted to stick his head out the window while on the way. Active little thing he was.
Anyways I don't have any actual pictures of Shadow because all the old family pictures have disappeared down the hole of life (last I knew they were in my moms clutches). But here's a picture of the type of Collie my Shadow was:

Lassie was a nothing to me. I didn't even recognize her as a Collie.

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018

Destee

Destee,
If your having problems with heedless (hard headed) dog using the proper tools and techniques for communicating to the dog what it needs to do to, ummm, to maintain (if I can phrase it like that) are important.
Here's a tool I found back in the late 70's or early 80's I've found invaluable since:

It only looks ugly and inhumane but it far more humane than any choke or flat collar.
It is designed to PINCH and not dig in or choke.
Start working Black with one, you'll be amazed.
And no more being pulled around head over heels because he 'decides' that that cat (or whatever) is more important than what you know is in his best interest.

Edited to add:
Destee if you want any help with training issues or problems pm me and I'll be happy to help where I can or I can direct you to the spaces where they can and are glad to help (lots of dog lovers out there).

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
RET: EMS & TPD

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
POTUS's keep dogs for the same reasons they wear denim and open collars at fair grounds eating some greasy fried food before they go off kissing babies.

It's to show they just another plain Joe Schmo don't ya know.

I wonder how much fishing our last first dog Bo has gotten to do?

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave: