1. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    I have a formal complaint.

It is not fare that some members get to freely say the white man wrote the Old Testament or Holy Scriptures and call GOD a mystery spook in heaven.

But when I stat explaining and referring to the Metu Neter my threads get locked by a moderator that is a Metu Neter worshiper.

Jamesfromphily is intentionally misusing his position as moderator to give favoritism to other members of his own religious beliefs.

2. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    Whoa. That's a pretty serious allegation.

I'd hate to think anyone on this board would do such a thing.

Respect, brothers and sisters.

~Ikoro

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Music Producer ... please give me a link to the thread(s) you're talking about, specifying which allowed Members to speak freely, and which ones did not.

:heart:

Destee

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i locked the threads at issue because i think music producer does not need to be attacking or critiquing other peoples belief systems.
    each of us is entitled to believe what we want to with out having to justify it to music producer.

i think it is ok to believe what ever it is that you believe but you cannot make a career out of critiquing everybody else.
    these treads generate a lot of ill will and disturb the peace of the forum.

5. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i am not a metu neter worshiper at all. i don't worship anyone or anything. i do read the book and believe in some of it's teachings.
    i use it as a meditation guide and a spiritual system. i do not agree with every thing in it.
    my disagreement with sammi ra maati is quite public.

6. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94
    Hi,

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44179

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41695

These would be the links to the threads. From James’s point of view it is ok for Metu Neter promoters to say and preach the Old Testament were written by white people. It is ok for them to call the GOD manifested in the Old Testament a “Spook in heaven” or refer to the Old Testament as being a lie created by Europeans.

Then when I start showing hard proof and clear archeological facts that Africans wrote the Old Testament or showing that Metu Neter followers are misrepresenting the Metu Neter because the author never says anything negative against the Old Testament James jumps up and locks the thread.

One of the threads he locked was basically dead for about 3 months because no one had responded to it. It was Emanuel the reactivated the thread. I don’t know why James felt a need to lock that one, I had totally forgotten about it.

It feels like to me he is simply protecting members of his faith. If those guys are not willing to defend their point of view then they should not be promoting and preaching it. Especially when they try to say the Hyksos were Caucasian and a white man set on the throne of Egypt.

Someone should make them defend that point of view because they are teaching and spreading that idea to a lot of black people.

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother James ... i agree with Brother Music Producer ... he's doing the same as others. If you are going to say this about him, and close his threads, why aren't Sister River's closed? She critiques Christianity, which is the very same thing Brother Music Producer is doing to the Metu Neter.

The goal is for us to communicate in a peaceful and respectful manner. Brother Music Producer does that. He doesn't break our rules. He doesn't call people out of their names, or disrespect them. He most often speaks directly to the topic, rarely making the discussions personal. He is a model Member in my opinion. I'm very proud of Brother Music Producer and i have told him this on many occasions, in the chat room, in front of all who could read and hear ... and i'm happy to say it again right now. Brother Music Producer has been a part of this Family for more than 2 years. The majority of his posts in the past, were simply quotes from the Bible, or some other text, copied and pasted. Members challenged and pushed him to share his own thoughts, instead of posting the text of others. He rarely if ever did this, but now he's doing it all the time! I am proud of him! :) It took some time for him to get comfortable, i suppose, and open himself up, communicate his own personal truths. Now that he's progressed to the point of doing this, you want to shut him down. No Brother James, that's not right.

When Brother Music Producer starts a thread, no one has to post to it, if they don't want to ... but that is not what happens ... many Members post to his threads, including you. If a Member posts a thread, and no one wants to discuss with them, share their knowledge and wisdom, answer his questions, etc., then he will get no responses. No one is required to justify anything to anyone.

If someone has a complaint regarding Brother Music Producer, then let them file a complaint, go through the official process, let the entire Family see the evidence, giving him a chance to respond. He's never been proven guilty of such, so we should not treat him as though he has.

Brother James ... we don't have to agree or even like, what every Member says here. Surely you don't think i agree or like all that is here?! No Brother, that is not a requirement. Our people are in dire need of feeling comfortable and free to simply communicate with each other. This is something we are just now learning how to do, in the best of manners. We can't get to the next level collectively, without mastering this one. Therefore, i don't really care what a Sister or Brother believes to be truth, that is their right. We each get to decide for ourselves what our truth will be, and are free to express those truths (and untruths) here, if done respectfully.

Brother James ... it is not often that i will disagree with a Moderator, in public ... but since this has become public ... i have no choice. I think you're wrong, and that we'd be setting a terrible precedent. What you are proposing will change the very Spirit of that forum, and this community. The fact that many religions / walks of life are represented in that forum, all under the same roof, living peacefully and respectfully together, is evidence that the Creator and our Ancestors are pleased. We are doing here, what is not happening in the world, all religions welcome in the same place, at the same time, all the time. While i may not always agree with what is said, or how it is said, i will defend each and every one of our Members' right to say it.

... and i'm here to defend Brother Music Producer ... :)

Brother James ... please consider unlocking his threads. I won't insist, as you may disagree, and want to take it higher.

If you so choose, we can create a poll, and let the Family vote and share their thoughts. Majority Rules.

I Love You Brother James! Looking forward to your response.

:heart:

Destee

8. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i resign as a moderator, immediately.

9. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    what have we become .....we have a place for that Bro James.

10. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94
    Thank you Sister Destee, much love.

I am saddened to see brother James’s response and hope he will change his mind after some time has passed.

Once again, thank you.