Black People : Destee.. re:why dont those who love this site support it

Is your financial support dependent upon an accounting of every dime?

• Total voters

PoeticManifesta

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 24, 2005
Virginia Beach,Va
Occupation
Local Insurance Agent
Im just tired of this question being asked...
and everyone seems to all of a sudden be at a loss for words..
when amongst eachother they can speak freely as to why they arent supportting the site...
Well Destee...:uhh:
I cant support anymore because im broke... and almost fully dependant on financial aid.. since my primary income is used to pay my college loans.
But the questions that keep floating around you but nobody has dared to ask you is....
What does this money go to?
the software you use you purchase the license to....?
You have mentioned that you own your server in the past..
Despite manys' love for this community...
support usually dosent require money...
since many think they support this community invaluably (is that a word?)
in other ways....
But basically...
I think that youd get an increased volume of supporters...
If ppl didnt think that they were paying for your press n curls...
and seen how this money is being spent..
overall..
especially with newer members..
they ask..
where does this money go to...
ppl love to support the community.. you see this in the forums...
they love you.. you see this in the forums..
they just dont want to support you..
but most would love to support the forums...
they just want to see where the money is going...
those who do/ or have supported the forum... trust that the money goes to the site....
but where is the question...
It may be none of thier business..
but if it isnt..
at least let them know.
:blowkiss:

PoeticManifesta said:
Im just tired of this question being asked...
and everyone seems to all of a sudden be at a loss for words..
when amongst eachother they can speak freely as to why they arent supportting the site...
Well Destee...:uhh:
I cant support anymore because im broke... and almost fully dependant on financial aid.. since my primary income is used to pay my college loans.
But the questions that keep floating around you but nobody has dared to ask you is....
What does this money go to?
the software you use you purchase the license to....?
You have mentioned that you own your server in the past..
Despite manys' love for this community...
support usually dosent require money...
since many think they support this community invaluably (is that a word?)
in other ways....
But basically...
I think that youd get an increased volume of supporters...
If ppl didnt think that they were paying for your press n curls...
and seen how this money is being spent..
overall..
especially with newer members..
they ask..
where does this money go to...
ppl love to support the community.. you see this in the forums...
they love you.. you see this in the forums..
they just dont want to support you..
but most would love to support the forums...
they just want to see where the money is going...
those who do/ or have supported the forum... trust that the money goes to the site....
but where is the question...
It may be none of thier business..
but if it isnt..
at least let them know.
:blowkiss:

Sister PoeticManifesta ... you're asking questions that have been asked and answered before. No matter, i'll respond to them again, in full, later. I've been up all night, and am going to go to sleep after class, which is still going on now.

You peeked my interest though, in being able to find out how many Members don't help because they don't have a list of where every single dime goes. If you don't mind, i'm going to add that poll to this thread ... so we can get a tally ... k?

I'll respond to this ... i promise.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Not that I feel this post (my post) is meaningful, but I will just tell you Sistah Destee that this Family/Community has opened my eyes to things I never even thought I would be exposed to, causing me to live a healther, more productive lifestyle. People who don't "have much" have given time to reach out to me, and others like me.

With that in Mind, I mandate myself to contribute to this Community the best that I can. However, I feel the best wat we can succeed in spite of that is to maintain a strong sense of Unity, even if it has to be over the Internet. I don't see this Community as another BlackVoices, Black Planet, or BET/MTV Online-type mess; I see it as a symbol for what Modern-day Afrikans worldwide should apply to their lives, and emulate after.

I will stop right there, because the rest of what I could say can't even be put into words...

KD

Destee said:
Okay Family ... the poll has been added ... please let me know if this is why you don't financially support the community.

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

I know that I have commented on this before and please forgive me for doing so again. I do not say any of the following to be patronizing and I know that I do not set the best example, but I try.

To make it clear, I SUPPORT this community UNCONDITIONALLY because I have an UNCONDITIONAL LOVE for Sister Destee and the FAMILY which she has BUILT. This does not mean that I love and respect every member of the Family even though I know I am supposed to. Just as within my own Family I sometimes find it difficult to express Love for those who express Hate towards Me.

I am here because others have tried to steer me away form this HOME and if I left it would be a victory for them then I know deep inside, at the same time, I would feel a loss.

Bottomline, I support Black Business, particularly Black WOMEN in Business. Unconditionally. Even though Sister Destee and I have been in disagreement on some issues I am still here probably longer than she even expected.

In fact, I am waiting for a check deposit to clear so that I can make an even greater contribution than I did last year when I returned HOME.

'Omowale Jabali' means THE DETERMINED ONE WHO HAS RETURNED HOME TO BE REDEEMED'.

From being a website developer, I know the basic costs of setting up a site and the vast number of hosting sites and also that as sites increase bandwith so do the costs for maintenance and web hosting. And also now one but Sister Destee knows how much time must also be spent on management tasks.

$10 a month less than most of us probably spend each day in junk food.

What I find most disheartening is some of the biggest critics on this site are floks who dont put their mouths where their money is which is why I continue to ask some of them what are YOU (the critics) BUILDING?

Some people all day and half the night long do nothing but attempt to tear folks down while contributing nothing but HOT AIR!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back