Black People : Destee Offline

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by karmashines, Jul 14, 2005.

1. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    How has this site helped you in your life as a black person offline?

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    It helps me each and every single minute. The question should be -

IF YOU DON'T LEARN FROM DESTEE, WHERE ARE YOU LEARNING FROM?

Destee is a very important person if she can manage to bring so many knowledgeable, talented, and significant black people together to share the Gospel. I know that there are some things on here that I may not line up with, but doesn't everyone else feel that way? The important thing is that we make this information available - for Non-Members and Members. I am willing to guarantee you right now that there are some people across the Globe who access to this website, and learn from it; they just have not become members yet. Over time, they become members, but they still get access to our knowledge, and it helps. I learn more from this humble place than I do in school! That goes on to show that black folks can do things ALONE without the help of Corporate America!

Anyhow, I share plenty of it; it's just that the people who I share it with do not necessarily value it as they should value it. I know that I was saying last night that Destee does not just talk about Hip-Hop, Dr. Martin Luther King, Malcolm, and such; rather, this Family is willing to go BEYOND the knowledge that school books tell us. Instead of just talking about Africa, we get more in depth, which is very amazing.

I just pray that God keeps all of us, and keeps us here so that we can continue spreading the word. Sooner or later, Destee will get additional monetary and financial support soon, I guarantee it. Until then, we must continue to empower each other the best way we can, and stay together showing each other Love.

CD

3. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    I think I spend too much time on the internet period.

I don't club or party, so when I'm not working or "flexing" I'm either traveling or on the internet.

Like most positive black sites, Destee.com is an oasis in all the drama and racism we experience in the world but in a way it also gives us a false impression or false sense of assurance and hope.

I mean, here....I meet so many positive and intelligent black people who know about history, religion, and are concious minded. But when I log off and step out the door all I hear from most black folk is foolishness and materialistic talk.

I try to surround myself with people who think similarly, but in general our community is slowly dying.

What makes me mad sometimes is where are all these knowledgable bruthaz I keep running into here who know so much about history and politics in real life?

I don't get along with them here, but I'd love to be able to just go to a local coffee shop and find bruthaz like Infomoetry or Sam and go a couple hours with them about religion or history.

Kick it with bruthaz like Isaiah and Pharoah.

You just don't get that type of conversation in real life.

Not even in the barber shop.

Usually when I talk politics or religion in public, I end up running into the nuts and maniacs.

As soon as I say Jesus was (fill in the blank) some brutha I wasn't even talking to starts foaming at the mouth and viens start popping out his head.
    The conversation is over then because I don't want to have to go to jail for having to defend myself from this nut.

I can talk to black men all day about women, but when it comes to having an intelligent conversation about religion and politics....they all get quiet.

4. Riada

Riada Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    Being on Destee for these few weeks has been enlightening on the one hand and unfortunately it's also given me a close up view of why AAs are in the state we're in. It's saddens me. There is so much confusion about which way is the "right" way and this causes disunity. This reflects our so-called leadership that is also in disarray. So, it leaves the rest of us wandering in every which direction.

I know it's because we have had so many very different experiences which have created very different realities. But what will it take for us to have enough similar experiences to create the same or similar reality? That's the question?