The Front Porch : Destee Family Reunion!

Would you attend the Destee Family Reunion?

• Yes

Votes: 67 63.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 34 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tantrum

Oct 26, 2005
Windy City
Occupation
Pos Technical Support
triniti424 said:

Okay, but I'm with bidwhist on this one... am I missing something :read: I dont see where it says a DEADLINE for location :read: or is there one? :confused:
Dont know if Poetic set one
But to me I think by March 15th that thread
Should be closed then when we pick the date
I dont think we need a vote on the date
I say if we do narrow it down to three months
june-july or august
Then from there since it looks like it will be atlanta
Pick the locatio we want to have it at
Once that is picked and secure and date is final

I think everyone can get to atl
Once the location is set
Way to much to try and bus people and all that

Isay deadlinefor everything april 14th

caramelpython

Nov 7, 2003
Baltimore Md
Occupation
Teacher
Ya'll just name a place and time:time: and I will be there just let a brother know in advance so he can have his $$ right, make sure ya'll book a goog Hotel for us out of towners.

galnamenikki

Mar 9, 2006
I think a family reunion would be GREAT...since I've never been to one!!....lol....fill me in on the details and if there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

PoeticManifesta

Mar 24, 2005
Virginia Beach,Va
Occupation
Local Insurance Agent
well.. im back in the groove of things here.. (i think :0 ) so ill bring back up the poll, and give a week for our newer members to vote as well.. the dedline is: June 6 to respond...

Ala

Apr 26, 2006
A Fam Renuion Sounds Great .I hope its in the U.S. I f so i could probally make it . Geeze this would be huge but im guessing oh so much as well .Keep hope alive all will work out .Bless u Fam.

lilpea

STAFF
Sep 8, 2005
(G.I.)- Better known as Gary,In.
Occupation
retired
Destee said:
Hello Family,

Let's plan our first Destee Family Reunion!

Meeting approximately a year from this time ... allowing us to make plans and preparations for this great event! Absolutely no plans have been made yet, only the seed planted in my mind, heart, soul and Spirit! So what do you think? When can we meet? What things should we consider?

Let's do this Family!

I'm so excited! :jumping:

:heart:

Destee
Destee; a few of us were discussing the reuion and i suggested maybe the African village in S. Carolina. Maybe that is a trip that we all can make. I'm going to call them in the morning and get the prices of rooms and meals for maybe 25 of us.....i hope more of us will be able to go.

spicybrown

Oct 21, 2005
lilpea said:
Destee; a few of us were discussing the reuion and i suggested maybe the African village in S. Carolina. Maybe that is a trip that we all can make. I'm going to call them in the morning and get the prices of rooms and meals for maybe 25 of us.....i hope more of us will be able to go.
Way to go lilpea! :terrific: I should've been saving my scrill loooong ago. I gotta have deep pockets going all the way yonder to South Carolina... hell, anywhere past Colorado. Keep us posted Brotha.

BTW, good to see you on the forums :spinstar:

:shades:

Peace

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
I am glad this is coming up again and that the fears that derailed our plans before no longer exist. Oyotunji Village sounds like a winner to me. Be sue to ask him about the possibility of getting a reading (divination) from the priest.

KWABENA

STAFF
STAFF
Jun 10, 2004
Everywhere
Occupation
Leader-Student-Teacher
To my Knowledge, the Carolinas (especially N. Carolina) is/are not that expensive, so it should be OK. I did although like the Chicago idea, being that I will be in the Midwest this Summer. Regardless, I should be able to make it.

Hold on - What date(s) have been proposed?

KD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.